Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Pink Sky On A Snow Bound Morning

7:31

8:47

It's another special lake morning, a pink sky off to the south, a placid lake and snow, on the lawn, on the trunks of trees, on the limbs. Too bad it's going to warm up some in the next couple of days. It's 9:00 and I did get out for a paddle for 40 minutes. The lake was amazingly calm and thick, as its beginning to ice up and because there was little wind, the 22º did not feel that cold. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Sandy Bottom

Victoria

Woodlawn

Sun Rising

I did not get any kayaking in yesterday because of the snow and wind, the choppy lake. And I had to spend a good half hour clearing our parking area and car of snow. After I was done, I finished up the blog and had breakfast before heading off to yoga class on snowy roads so I took my time. Class was good, with four or five of the regulars and our teacher, Courtney. It was a different class as we used chairs to assist in various poses. After class, I stopped at Save A Lot to pick up some ricotta for Evie and then headed straight home. When I got there, Evie had been busy in the kitchen, making cabbage rolls, a cabbage lasagna, to freeze for the next couple of weeks. Needless to say, the kitchen was a mess so I helped clean it up while she toasted a couple of cheese sandwiches for me. So lunch, as veggie soup and sandwiches and Season Four of The Wire. 

Woodlawn Road To Lake

Kickin Back In The Snow

l then read some, and briefly napped, leaving Evie to her kitchen. By 3:30, however, I drove to a good friend's barn where five of the breakfast club got together for afternoon beers since at least one will be heading to Florida for the winter. It was a good time, sharing stories about our kids and grandkids and plans for the holidays. I was home by 5:15 and Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters, a Tuesday afternoon tradition.

We then relaxed with a  glass of wine, listening to the good news that Trump was disqualified from the 2024 ballot in Colorado. No doubt it won't be for long because the Supreme Court will rule against it but for now, we can celebrate. Dinner was the leftover chicken and mushroom curry, just as good if not better than the night before. We watched a couple of episodes of The Crown, then some ER before bed, a busy day for Evie, a fun one for me. 


2 comments:

  1. There is nothing to celebrate about the Trump ruling. I’m not for Trump - quite the opposite is true - but this is a legally absurd ruling, and it just plays into his hands of claiming victim hood and persecution. If anything this makes it marginally more likely he is president in 2025. The way to beat Trump is at the ballot box, folks. Not with lawyers. Please wake up, before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree with you that it plays into his hands yet four justices disqualified him from running for office and I am sure five justices will throw out the decision. Let's hope he can be beat at at the ballot box!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...