Friday, December 22, 2023

Shortest Day, Longest Night

7:02

7:13

Well, the winter solstice has passed and we are on our way to Spring! We are both up at 6:00 because we are driving to our daughter Jill's home in Virginia, six to seven hours depending on traffic. 

Yesterday was getting ready for a road trip day, mostly for Evie. I skipped kayaking and went to breakfast in Bemus, then had yoga in Lakewood at 10:00, a therapeutic class where we held a position for four or five minutes, nothing too strenuous. I did not linger but came straight home in case Evie needed my help.

Fortunately, she was organized and most of what needed to be done was finished, the packing and wrapping. Lunch was veggie soup and a cheese sandwich and The Wire. Since most everything was done, I read as usual and napped, happy to have a normal afternoon. Around 4:00, Evie gave me a quick haircut and I showered so that I would look spiffy for the holidays. After I showered, I packed my clothes and organized my devices and chargers, and by 5:30 we relaxed with a glass of wine before dinner. We had the rest of the cabbage rolls for dinner with a salad and watched a couple of ERs, the news, and some football and basketball before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...