Thursday, January 25, 2018

Temps In The Teens Again


6:33

7:00

9:05
It's 6:40, still mostly dark outside with an inkling of light off to the east and cold 14º.  Today will stay cold but it will warm up to the 40's tomorrow if the weather guys are to be believed.  Listening to this morning's most recent Republican inspired fake news (that there's a cabal of FBI agents, intent on overthrowing the govt), one would think we were in Turkey, where Erdogan continuously talks about the 'deep state.' 

Because we received an inch or two overnight, the roads were still slippery when I drove off to yoga at 10:00.  And the potholes along my route, mostly around the bridge, are terrible, so bad that both Evie and I slow down to the 30's, so we can play dodgem with them.  They are the worst they have ever been.  Yoga went quickly and ended with something called Yoga Nidra, where Jen mentions the body parts, one at a time, so that we can make sure they are relaxed.  By the end, we can hardly get up we are so relaxed.  A good way to begin the day.  I stopped for coffee and eggs, said aloha to Joyce and Dave, and headed home.  Evie was talking to our daughter Beth when I arrived home.  We also noticed a squirrel, sitting on the railing of our porch, where we had put Sparky, a gift of a bronze squirrel from our friends, Linda and Ron.  Hilarious, perhaps the beginning of a romance.

Scrappy Finds A Girl Friend:




After their phone call, Evie made me a couple of egg, cheese, and tomato filled tortillas before driving off to Lakewood to work out and do some heavy shopping at Wegman's.  I had soup with my tortillas, watched some TV, read my Jack Taylor, and tried to take a nap but I wasn't tired.  So I read more, browsed the news on my computer and around 3:30, decided to test the lake and see if it was good for skiing.  Evie noticed earlier in the day that our neighbor, John, was out in the middle cruising along so it was probably good.  I had to find a dry spot to ski down to the lake, as the edges in some areas were wet.  I went as far as Sandy Bottom and then fought my way home through a heavy wind, not fun.  Evie was just returning from the store so I put my skis away and helped unload the car, groaning with groceries. We put the goodies away and Evie got busy, making a chilli for our dinner and lunches the next couple of days.  Nothing like the smell of onions and garlic sauteeing.  

Fishing, Late Afternoon
Earlier in the day, Evie went freezer diving, to see what kinds of leftovers she could find in the freezer.  She came up with two leftovers, moussaka and pork and sauerkraut and that was our dinner.  After the chili was done and simmering, we relaxed with a couple of glasses of wine, some cheese and crackers as the leftovers warmed up.  We then had a surprisingly tasty leftover dinner and watched another Bloodline, some Vice News and home improvement shows, what else.  I was happy to get back to Jack Taylor by 10:30.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...