Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Sunny Morning Freeze

7:38

7:39

7:50
Well, I slept way in, until 8:00.  I think the NyQuil I took at 4:30 to arrest my cough might have helped.  At the moment, the sun is full bloom, the lake shiny, reflecting its light and it's cold again, 18º, icing some of yesterday's melt.  Fortunately, Evie was up early enough to take this morning's photographs of a colorful dawn.

7:51
Yesterday Evie planned on a big escape, after more or less cabin-bound with me for the past week.  She left about 10:30, to do some shopping and check on the various workout centers that have sprouted up around here.  I did not see her again until about 3:00, after I woke from my nap.  Meanwhile, I did very little other than clean up the kitchen, taking out some of the trash, then settle down in the TV room, tired of reading I guess and watched the second half of the college football final.  I wanted to see the young quarterback from Hawaii play.  This is an amazing story, as he never really played all year and yet he came off the bench and led Alabama with his passing to the National Championship.  I then watched the rest of DELIVERANCE and it holds up well, lots of tension and amazing river scenes.  Burt Reynolds insisted on doing all his dangerous stunts and ended up with broken ribs and bones when he went 90 feet, over the river's falls.  I had mushroom and barley soup for lunch, with a buttermilk biscuit, of course.

At 3:30, Evie drove me to see the doctor in Mayville, as I am sick of this cough.  As we were sitting in the waiting room, Julie L, a good friend and yoga teacher drove up and dropped off some Swedish Glug for my cough.  She had talked with Evie earlier in the day at Wegman's, found out I was still sick and said this was her family's panacea for all kinds of colds.  How nice.

Glug Worthy
The doctor took about five minutes with me, made sure my lungs were clear and diagnosed a sinus infection.  He prescribed an antibiotic and we were out of there and over at the pharmacy, next door.  And we waited and waited for the prescription he sent until the pharmacist realized he sent the prescription to Wegmans.  She called them, had it switched to Mayville pharmacy and we finally were on our way home, a half hour later than we hoped.  We were glad to finally get home.

Evie had a bountiful day of shopping, picking up lots of goodies and a big carton of much needed Kleenex, nice and soft compared to the bargain brands I usually buy.  Evie's always thinking of me.  We were having a rotisserie chicken for dinner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, so once Evie got that going, we relaxed with a glass of wine and listened to the news, Trump telling us how smart and stable he is.  'Methinks he doth protest too much' someone 'smart said.' And sadly, we finished the last three episodes of the fourth season of A Place To Call Home, our fun, gripping, silly, soap opera from Australia.  What are we going to do tonight? Around 9:00, Evie heated up a nice glass of Glug and I sipped it as we watched some Vice News, then a  bit of Stephen Colbert.  It was a fine way to get ready for bed.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...