Friday, January 5, 2018

Nothing But White

7:49

Breakfast and Trying to Keep Warm
It's 8:30 and I have been up for an hour, having actually slept in some.  I still feel lousy but as Gloria Gaynor sings, "I Will Survive."  It's 4º, may get colder and tomorrow the high may 1º.  Because of the cold weather, schools have been called off in the area, to the delight of kids and teachers.

Auguring In Cold Weather
Yesterday was basically a sick day for me, for Evie, it was taking care of me.  She made me oatmeal for breakfast, camomile tea during the morning, and a delicious and healthy chicken, rice and lemon soup for lunch.  It tasted so good that she is going to make more today.  I obviously slept a lot, but watched most of one of my favorite movies from 1963, CHARADE, with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn, music by Henry Mancini.  I must have seen it four or five times.

Late morning, Evie went out and shoveled our parking area, moved the car, made sure it started in this frigid weather.  I took a good nap in between reading my book, A MAN CALLED OVE, who has many qualities that remind me of myself, though exaggerated.  He's a real curmudgeon.  We just hung out in the afternoon, drinking lots of liquids, using up a couple of boxes of Kleenex.

A Turkish omelet, a menemen, sounded good to me for dinner, so Evie put the eggs, tomatoes and feta cheese together and made a salad.  We then binged watched more of A PLACE TO CALL HOME, interspersing it with the breaking news on CNN, FIRE AND FURY, the book about Trump's dysfunctional Whtie House, and for humor, we turned to Hannity as he talked about Hilary's emails.  Cable channels are nothing if not predictable.

For those who know Chautauqua, I am including a photograph I took on Wednesday of the hotel going up in Celeron.

Celoron Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...