Thursday, January 11, 2018

Another Big Melt


7:22 AM

7:50 AM

Fishing

Heading Home

Skirting The Wet Spots
It's just after 7:00 and I am back on schedule, having gotten up at 6:20, to a house and sky filled with darkness.  It's an uncomfortable 46º already, not very winter like and will say in the 40's, even 50's over the next 36 hours, then dip back to the teens if not single digits.  Weather gods, thou art fickle. It's now7:25 and I can see that large swaths of the snow on the lake has melted and yet, guys are already out fishing.  We have heard stories that a couple of fishermen have already fallen through the ice but no fatalities...yet. And around 7:00, we noticed a steam shovel off of Long Point, dredging or shoveling either shoreline or trees.  Bizarre.

Clearing Snow?

Scooping Up A Tree?
I felt much better yesterday, the antibiotics seem to be working, so I finally got out of the house for the first time in a week. So around 10:00, after coffee and finishing up my blog, having gotten up at an ungodly time of 8:00, I drove off to Lakewood, mostly just to do something and get out of the house.  I was not sure how energetic I would feel, so my only goal was to stop at Ryders Cup for a coffee.  After, I felt good enough to stop at Walmart, an easy in and out, and picked up a few things we most likely don't need but what the heck, it was cheap and therapeutic. 

When I got home, Evie was debating whether to start her first workout of the year, which gym to visit.  And despite a reluctance and with my encouragement, she drove off around 12:30, to support a local, small gym called The Fitness Bunker, in Lakewood.  Before leaving, however, she took care of my lunch, making a menemen, a Turkish omelet with tomatoes and feta cheese.  And with a bagel and the menemen, I was happily ensconced in the TV room, ready to watch another episode of Berlin Station.  I am finally beginning to understand what is going on other than its filmed in Berlin.

Fishing Late Afternoon
Evie got home around 2:30, happy with her choice of gyms.  I finished up my OVE book and downloaded a couple more on my Kindle but I struggled with something that I wanted to read.  I have been persnickety lately for some reason.  Nothing seemed to interest me. I finally decided on an old chestnut, MY ANTONIA,  ordering it from Amazon for sixty cents, another deal.  So far so good.

Around 5:30, Evie put together chicken and black bean enchiladas, put them in the oven and we then relaxed for an hour with a glass of wine.  Evie wondered where we might find the 5th season of A Place To Call Home.  I checked Amazon Prime, found I could get a free week of ACORN TV which had the 5th season, so I got it.  It supposedly has lots of interesting British TV series and is only 4.95 a month.  Dinner was good, enchiladas with all the toppings and lettuce.  We watched three more episodes of PLACE before turning to Vice News and the infuriating interview between Andrew Cuomo and Kellyane Conway, the evil sister I assume of Stephen Miller.  They talked at and over each other until we could stand it no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...