Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Frozen Lake, Blue Skies, And Warming


 Woman In Blue
7:20

7:52
 I was awake at 6:30, didn't get up till 7:00 even though I could have stayed in bed.  I guess I am starting to like sleeping in some.  It looks like another great day, lots of sun, temperatures may be in the 40's later in the day and it was already 30º when I got up.

8:14
Yesterday was the third consecutive sunny and cold day on the lake, a record for us.  We obviously love it, cannot wait to get outside.  After coffee, I wanted to keep my routine, so I drove off to Lakewood to a good yoga class with Julie.  It was more flow than usual but I was able to keep up.  Afterwards, I stopped at Save A Lot, picked up an eye of round roast (our current favorite) on sale and some bananas on the way home.  When I got back, Evie was out on the lake cross country skiing.  She was out for two hours over to Long Point, across to Bootey Bay and home, quite a workout.  I envied her because it was a beautiful morning to be on the lake.

Fishing Buddies
Lunch was homemade vegetable soup and a bagel with cream cheese and the 2nd episode of season 2 of BERLIN STATION.  And Hecktor is back, as numerous characters from the first season reappear to my surprise. I then read some more of Johnny Cash, and its sad watching drugs take over his life, as the tension of the road, his wife and children, and his affair at this point with June Carter appear to be too much.

Around 4:00, I decided to get out on the lake.  Evie had her fun and workout in the morning, so I felt like I needed more exercise as well.  So I skied down to Magnolia, stopping to talk with a fisherman who had driven his four-wheeler from Victoria out to Woodlawn.  He was at least my age and said he tries to get out at least once a year.  He had just finished with his augur and said the ice was around 8 inches thick, safe enough.  I was out for at least 40 minutes and came home with a sweat and quickly changed into something dry.  If we don't change after skiing, we cannot get warm.

TGIF
We had planned on going out for a fish fry but neither of us felt like it, so we got out the old standby on the nights we don't feel much like cooking, Bush's Baked Beans and hot dogs, with Stadium Mustard of course. Not the healthiest but tasty once in a while.  We finished RITA, watching the last three episodes.  We grew to like it more than we at first thought but would give it a C- overall.  We ended the night with the excitement of watching our politicians, under the leadership of the great deal maker, shut down the government, each side blaming the other for the shut down.  Trump, however, blamed Obama and Hillary...not really but it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...