Sunday, January 7, 2018

Here Comes The Sun


6:57

7:37

7:51

7:51

7:52

7:59
It's a spectacular morning here at the lake, as I have been sitting here with my coffee, waiting for the sun to rise on a brilliant blue sky.  It's exceptionally cold, below zero in fact, but it did not deter the fishermen who are out in full force (at least 24 huts at 8:00.  They, too, must have been thrilled by the morning sunshine, the spectacular sky.

Fishing Huts Abound
Yesterday was not the usual Saturday, as Evie, not me, gathered the trash and made the run to the Transfer Station with temperatures in single digits as I sat home reading, occasionally coughing, wishing I could be outside and do something rather than sit around.  I am still fast into my Jack Reacher novel and we both took time out in the morning and watched a movie, feeling guilty about it of course.  Lunch was more chicken, lemon and rice soup, the third day in a row but it tastes so healthy and good that I don't mind.

A Nasty Afternoon On Long Point
While I took another nap around 2:00, Evie began prepping our dinner, pork tenderloin medallions in a tasty sauce.  She likes to have everything ready to go by the time she is ready to start cooking. It was a nasty afternoon, of heavy winds, snow flurries, and gray skies.  Around 5:00, we saw our first snowmobiles on the lake in a couple of years, brave souls racing from Bemus north on the lake.

Snowmobiles

Lights On
We both were looking forward to the Kansas City Chiefs game at 4:30 and by halftime, the Chiefs were comfortably ahead, so we decided to have dinner and watch the first few episodes of Season Four of A PLACE TO CALL HOME our soap opera obsession.  Our dinner was great, the pork tenderloin, with brown rice and my favorite, roasted Brussel sprouts. We planned on watching only three but the third episode left us hanging so we had to watch the fourth.  We did not finish with the four episodes until just before 10:00 when I checked in on the current NFL game and found out to my dismay, the Chiefs lost to the Titans.  Unbelieveabe...no doubt my son, Tom, and son in law, Drew, both avid Chiefs fans are in mourning.  I then watched a few minutes of the NFL game, the end of the first half of the Kansas/TCU game before leaving the remote in Evie's hands and went up to bed, to get back to Jack Reacher and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...