Sunday, January 28, 2018

It Looks Like A Sunny Sunday

7:46

8:18

8:48
I was up later than usual, went out to take a photograph, walked down the steps and slipped on the ice, on to my back, dropped the camera.  Fortunately, the camera seems fine, my back a little sore but I think I was very lucky.  What a way to start the morning.

Yesterday was a miserable day, with rain on and off all day.  Not exactly the kind of weather that makes you want to get outside and hike or ski.  So we stayed in much of the morning until it was time for my weekly trip to the Transfer Station, then back home.  Since we were having friends over on Monday evening, we need one more big shopping day.  Evie was happy to stay home when I volunteered to do it, so off I went around 11:30.  I stopped for coffee and eggs and wouldn't you know it, there were five people in front of me, none behind, and all of them ordered expensive and hard to pronounce coffees.  I waited at least 15 minutes to get a medium coffee with cream and sugar, taking about 30 seconds to make. Grrrrr.  I deposited a check for two hundred bucks from St. Vincent Hospital where I had some tests done in October.  I guess I must have overpaid but I just got another bill from them for ten bucks.  Go figure.  I then stopped to wash my car at one of those 'do it yourself' car washing places as it was covered with mud from my two trips to Amish country yesterday.  I finally got to Wegman's and it was crowded, Saturday of course, with what looked liked lots of men doing the weeks shopping, most seemingly lost, not able to find what they needed.  I did find a quick check out line, ran into Victoria neighbor, Maryanne.

I didn't get home until 1:00 but was welcomed by the smell of bacon frying, as Evie was making me BLT's on the focaccia from Friday night's dinner.  What a great sandwich, with veggie soup as well.  And I finished my BERLIN STATION series, so I am open to something new.  Evie meanwhile put away the groceries and taking her time, made the sauce for tomorrow night's dinner.  And that was mostly it for the afternoon.  I watched Virginia beat Duke, loved it, then finished up my Ken Bruen Jack Reacher novel, THE KILLING OF THE TINKERS.  Tinker, by the way, is the Irish name for Ireland's indigenous gypsies.  And I took a good hour nap, waking refreshed, ready to start a new book or get back to Johnny Cash.

We had an easy afternoon, getting a few things done, cleaning up the kitchen (my job), then had a glass of wine while the previous night's chicken cacciastore warmed up in the oven.  Around 6:00, Evie made another wedge salad with blue cheese dressing and bacon, plated the chicken, heated up the focaccia and had a dinner even better than the night before.  Everything seems better the next day.

Evie wanted to watch an 'Evie movie', one without violence, a good human interest story, so I searched both Netflix, the Movie channels, then finally found something that sounded right up her alley on Amazon Prime called.  EAST SIDE SUSHI, about a young Latino woman who wants to become a sushi chef.  It was fun, the kind of movie a family could watch together.  Evie even wrote to tell our daughter Beth to watch it with her daughter Marisa.  We ended the night with politics, again, watching Real Time with Bill Maher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...