Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Raining On The Big Pond


7:55

8:18
It's 8:00, some color has brightened the sky, and I have been up since 6:30.  We had a drizzle when I got up, thunder and lightning overnight, and rain around 8:10.  It's a toasty 41º and should get up in the 50's later today before falling back into the 20's tomorrow, typical fickle Chautauqua weather.

Fishing In The Rain
Monday was unseasonably warm, and most of the main roads are clear of ice.  Huge piles of snow still remain, however,  in various areas especially parking lots, and yet our Woodlawn Road still has some icy areas.  Today's temperatures should remedy that.  I went to another well attended  Yin Yoga class, a good way to start the week.  I looked back at my blog to see when I started attending yoga classes and it was in the Fall of 2010 that I began.  It's shocking to think how quickly seven years have gone.  I hurried home because Evie wanted to get her workout in by 1:30 when I had to take the car and drive to Jamestown for teeth cleaning.  While she was gone, I had the cauliflower soup she made on Sunday and some of the leftover chicken quesadilla from our dinner Saturday night.  After lunch and another episode of BERLIN STATION, I read more of Johnny Cash until Evie returned.

Looking In Our Window
It's interesting how a dentist appointment can ruin the day, even if it's only a cleaning but it does.  Fortunately, I came home with no cavities (Mom) and got the hygenist talking about her daughter and her training which made the cleaning go quickly.  On the way home, I stopped at the bank, bought some gas at Sam's and walked into the soon closing store out of curiosity. 

Empty Aisles At Sam's Club
It was sad to see, one small twenty-foot long aisle of junk, the rest of the store strikingly empty.  Walmart, however,  Sam's Clubs parent company, gave their employees a thousand dollar bonus,  as Trump trumpeted.  He neglected to say they also closed 64 of their Sam's Club stores.

Fog At The End Of Day

Avoiding Puddles
When I got home, Evie was out in our parking area, chopping ice, raking snow, making sure our parking area was clear for both of our cars and if we have guests.  We had an easy wine time, as all Evie had to do was heat up last nights leftovers, roast beef, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  With a salad, we had another Sunday dinner.  There was not much to watch on TV other than the excitement of another vote on whether to close down the government or not.  Dems caved and it stays open.  We watched another episode of HBO's Divorce, both sad and funny. And we decided to go back to BLOODLINES, which we had started a couple of weeks ago.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...