Saturday, January 6, 2018

Surprise...Snowy, Windy And Cold


8:03
Snow From Our Bedroom Window
Well, it's the weekend, colder than heck, as the temperature has hovered around 4º for the past 24 hours.  I was surprised to see two fishermen out on the lake because the lake was empty yesterday.  I guess it's the weekend.  It's 8:30 as I finish writing this blog and as I looked on the lake, at least 12 fishing huts have appeared off of Long Point, near the Pavilion.  Hardy souls.

A Warming, Morning Fire
Yesterday I was not feeling as terrible as the day before, sort of a good thing.  I tried to get back in a routine without much luck,  just no energy.  Evie, however, took good care of me, making it a lot easier to get through the boring day.  The only solace to staying inside and being ill is that even if I felt well, it was too cold to do much outside other than shovel the driveway, which Evie did, again mid-morning.  I watched a John Grisham novel turned into a movie in the morning called RUNAWAY JURY, with Dustin Hoffman and John Cusack, a good cast, mediocre movie but it passed the time.  Evie made more chicken and rice soup for my lunch since I like it so much on Thursday. And she spent a good 20 minutes trying to save a finch caught in our bird feeder to no avail.  He had hunkered down in it and could not get out and ultimately froze.  

A Big Boy
After lunch, Evie wanted to bake me a treat so we decided on something we could freeze and was easy.  We decided on lemons squares, so when I took my nap, she put together all the ingredients and made them.  Although I am reading A MAN CALLED OVE, the lure of the new Jack Reacher novel sitting on our coffee table was too much so now I am reading two books at once.  Late afternoon, Evie and I both had a treat, the lemons squares which, we both agreed, seemed more cookie like but delicious.  

View From A Living Room Window
For dinner, Evie had found a recipe, vegetarian, using rigatoni and caramelized cauliflower as the two main ingredients in a casserole, which included cheese, lemon zest, mushrooms, and capers.  Along with a salad, we had a tasty and healthy dinner.  We finished the last three episodes of Season 4 of A Place To Call Home.  We will finish the series but it's getting sillier and sillier, as one terrible thing after another seems to haunt this family, to the extent that you can only end up laughing because it's so ridiculous.  O, well, it gives us some respite from the real world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...