Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wow...What A Sunrise

7:33

7:41

7:56

It's 8:10 and I have been up and down taking photos of the sunrise since 7:30. The clouds, the blinding sun, the fog rising, and the morning sky is hard to describe in words. I cannot wait to get out and kayak. It's after 10:00 because I was out paddling for over an hour, to Tom's Point and back on a lovely lake morning.

Kayak Morning

North

Great Blue Heron At Tom's Point

Hawk At Tom's Point

The morning was as usual, with a good paddle, Evie getting ready for kindergarten, and having breakfast, and both of us finishing the blog. I knew I didn't want to go to yoga so I decided on something different,  a bike ride in Westfield, hopefully among the vineyards the home of Welch's Grape Juice until 2012. I left around 10:00 and stopped for gas in Westfield because for some reason, it's forty cents cheaper than around the lake. I drove through the village, looking for a street that took me into the vineyards and found Prospect Road, bordered mostly by vineyards and farms for miles. I stopped at a Tractor business, asked if I could park in their lot, then went off on my bike, down Prospect until I decided to take a path through the vineyards. Unfortunately, the harvest took place in late September so there were no grapes, just a hint of them in the air. It's a beautiful, prosperous-looking area, highlighted by clouds and blue sky. I was only out for forty-five minutes but it was enough for me to get a sense of the area. On the way home, I stopped for coffee in Westfield at the Full Strength Coffee, sat around for 15 minutes, then headed home, a 14-mile jaunt.

Westfield Concord Grapes

A Great Morning For A Bike Ride

When I returned, I read some until hungry and heated up the leftover couscous soup, added some chicken broth, and made myself a bagel with hummus. Yes, I watched another episode of Justified, Season Six. The rest of the afternoon I read, napped, and waited for Evie to return so I could hear stories about the kindergarteners. Around 3:00, we watched Kamala being interviewed on The View and we thought she was quite good, poised, articulate, and thoughtful, the opposite of Drumpt. At 5:00, Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters and I read until it was wine time, then a chili and salad dinner. We watched the news, either about Kamala's interviews or  Milton, then The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. I suggested a film from 1998 which was awarded the best foreign film called Character but I wouldn't recommend it, dark and too long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...