Thursday, October 3, 2024

Sun Rising, Steam Rising On a 46º Morning

7:27

7:32

7:36

9:10

It's 7:40 and we are both up enjoying the bright morning sun. Evie is off to school at 9:30 and I have breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 so we were both up around 7:00.

Yesterday began with a decent paddle although I did not see any wildlife. I skipped yoga and relaxed at home, getting a few things done before making an appointment with Rite Aid for my flu shot at 11:00, So I drove to Mayville and sat and waited for ten minutes for the gal, got my shot and that was it for vaccinations this fall. I went to Tops since I was next door and picked up some nice pork chops and New York strip steaks. On the way home, I picked up a sub for lunch. 

Evie was still home when I returned but was off for a hair trim at 12:15. I was hungry since I skipped breakfast so I had my sub and watched my show. Then read, what else and napped because I was tired for some reason, Evie texted to tell me she was still shopping so I expected a full car when she returned and I was right. I helped unpack, lots of stuff from both Wegmans and T.J. Maxx. Around 4:00, I felt guilty not having biked or hiked, so I walked out Woodlawn/Victoria woods for forty minutes getting in some exercise. 

Victoria/Woodlawn

Trees, Sun, Green, Leaves

Great Day For A Sail

We had our wine time at  5:00 and talked with Suleymon, a former Robert College student of mine, about our trip to Philadelphia next week for RC' 50 reunion and what we wanted to do during the day. We arrive on Friday and head home on Monday. 

Yum

Late morning, Evie had seared some pork ribs, added homemade sauerkraut and tomatoes and let it bake for aa couple of hours, then warmed it up for our dinner along with mashed potatoes. Yum Yum. We then watched Colbert and a new documentary Chef's Table Noodles which explored a pasta maker in Los Angeles, a believer in making noodles by hand. Interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...