Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Mostly Overcast And Windy

7:56

8:38

It's after 8:00 and I have been up since 7:20, on a gray fall morning, the lake ruffled, the sky showing just a bit of color. The lake is ruffled and windy so I am skipping a paddle once again because I know if I get out there, I will turn around and come back in. It's just about 9:00 as we finish this and the sun is peaking out above the clouds, filling the lake with its light.

Tuesday Afternoon at 6:30 pM

Tuesday was typical for us although I did not kayak because of the drizzle. By 9:10, I had my breakfast, finished the blog, and was off to yoga. Evie then left for kindergarten at 9:30 and we were both gone for most of the morning. Yoga was fine, lots of tweaking my sore back and on the way home, I stopped at Sav A Lot and bought some pork ribs in case Evie wanted them for dinner. When I returned, I had soup and a salami sandwich and finally finished the sixth season of Justified.

Late Afternoon Sun

Evie was home early, skipping shopping, and had a great story. One of her kindergarteners called Evie over to his table of six and said, "We have an issue." When she came over, they argued over Jesus, whether he was alive, dead, or a God. She told them that 'people have different beliefs and we should respect them. That settled things and they got on with their work. It reminded me of the Art Linkletter show in the 1950s when he interviewed kids on his weekly show. 

Sun, Clouds, Blue Sky, Gray Lake

I then read my book, The Editor, napped briefly then drove off to Mayville to talk with the ironworker about making three aluminum horses/stanchions for the end piece of my dock for 3500 bucks. Nothing is cheap. Since I was in Mayville, I stopped at a practically empty Tops Grocery and picked up some more pork on sale and a few other things. When I  got home, it was time for a glass of wine and to enjoy the majestic, spectacular autumn sky. Every few minutes it would change and remind us of a painting. For dinner, we had my favorite, pork ribs, tomatoes, and Tom's homemade sauerkraut with mashed potatoes of course, and a salad. I can't remember what we watched, the news of course, and reruns of Everyone Loves Raymond, then the first episode of Dark Winds, based on Tony Hillerman's novels set in the Southwest.  

The Golden Hour

Today we hope to take the air conditioners out of the windows, a sure sign of winter and I will meet my basketball buddies from Cleveland for lunch in Bemus, something we try to do once or twice a year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...