Wednesday, October 2, 2024

A Cool 53º With Gray Skies

7:37

9:31

Not much of a morning, no sun, just gray skies and lake and a light wind from the north. I have been up since 7:30, reading the reviews of last night's debate that give Vance the edge. I doubt it will make much difference in the election. It's 9:35 and I paddled for 35 minutes in a drizzle, just enough to get me wet, not soaked. 

Kayak Morning

A Threatening Northern Sky

Yesterday was another busy day or morning. After a paddle, the blog and breakfast, Evie was off to her kindergarten class, leaving me behind to get something done, to 'do something,' my new motto. So I pulled the electric lawn mower out and started cutting the lawn until the mower just stopped after about 15 minutes, then changed batteries and the same thing happened. So I pushed it back to the garage, grabbed the Honda, and cut the rest of the lawn, mulching leaves and grass although this morning the front yard is once again littered with leaves, from last night's wind and rain. 

I was done by noon and had a chicken pot pie for lunch and watched another episode of Justified before getting back to my book and napping. Evie was home around 2:00 with lots of stories about her day, as the kids are a never ending delight each day. Around 2:30, I decided to clean out the attic and garage, put all the junk out in the yard and asked Evie if there was anything she wanted to save. I then pulled my Outback around, filled it with the junk for Saturday and tried to start the Subaru but the battery was dead. My neighbor, Jim, came over and he thought it was the battery so I pulled out my mini charger, placed it on the battery, and viola, the car started. Why the battery went dead after having started it and pulled it 20 feet is a good question. Anyways, I drove it for 20 minutes around the area and hope that charged the battery so I don't have to worry.

Pat And Dave

We picked up our neighbors, Pat and Dave, and drove over to Steeners Pub in Greenhurst for the Tuesday night steak special, a ribeye or filet, with fries for thirty bucks. The place was busier than usual which was fine. Our waitresses were great, took our orders just after we sat down, brought beers in five minutes and steaks in 15 minutes. All was good and this will be our last gathering with them because they head to their home in South Carolina on Thursday. It was dark by the time we drove home at 7:45 and we dropped them off and wished them safe travels. When we got home, we watched Jon Stewart, then the debate which lasted until 10:45. No doubt we were biased because we thought Walz did better than most of the pundits. Vance is slick, measured, and articulate, while Walz is more folksy, genuine, and passionate.  My guess is although the pundits thought Vance won, most viewers would go with Walz. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...