Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Blinding Sun And Fog Rising

The Last (maybe) of Evie's Dahlias


7:31

7:37

It's so bright this morning that I can hardly look at the lake. The fog, about 15 feet high, is moving across the lake's surface on a 44º morning. What a delicious morning on the lake,  a light fog, sunshine, striking clouds, and a cormorant. Evie's off to kindergarten this morning and I hope to ride my bike around the vast fields of grape vineyards in Westfield. 

Kayak Morning

North

Cormorant

Same Guy

Yep

Yesterday was a different Monday in some ways although as usual, it started out with my kayaking for just over a half hour, coming home in drizzle on a cloudy, overcast morning. The blog and breakfast were done by 9:30 and I drove off to Ryder's Cup and met Paul and Neal for a good hour. They are both locals so it's fun to talk with them. At 11:00, I had a doctor's appointment in Jamestown so I left the coffee shop around 10:40, getting there just at 11:00. I was out and on my way home at 11:30 and stopped at Aldis for some reason and picked up our dinner, coho salmon and a few other things.

When I got home, the kitchen was spiffy after Sunday night's dinner and Evie was busy washing sheets. Lunch was a couple of egg salad sandwiches and I watched the final episode of Season One of Dark Winds. I am still reading and liking The God Of The Woods, just slow going because I am busy doing other things. So I read, napped and by 4:00 was bored and since Evie was off to Mayville for her flu shot, I drove over to the end of Lakeside Drive and walked for 50 minutes in Long Point State Park on a beautiful afternoon. The leaves are just beginning to turn colors and fall so it was a good afternoon for a hike.

Long Point StatePark

Still Mostly Green

Black Locust Trail

I was home around 5:15 and joined Evie for a glass of wine and we listened to the news, the hysteria surrounding Milton and its predicted heavy winds and storm surge. If the predictions are accurate, it will be even worse than Helene. Dinner was salmon, salad, and leftover couscous. We watched the news, then the Great British Baking Show before turning to Monday Night Football. I admit to getting tired of watching football so I stayed up for only the first half as Kansas City eventually ended up beating New Orleans 26-13, making our family in Kansas City and Bristow happy.

5:47 PM

Autumn Clouds

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...