Sunday, October 6, 2024

Lots Of Sun, Wind And 48º

A Happy Window Washer

6:59

7:17

7:29

7:30

It's 9:30 and I just began this blog, later than usual even though I was up at 6:45. I spent too much time reading the NYTimes and the Washington Post, then went for a 50-minute paddle, over to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home despite a southerly wind.

Kayak Morning

A Gaggle Of Geese

Striking Wood Ducks

Male And Female Wood Ducks

Yesterday was a busy day for both of us. It began as always, with a paddle, breakfast, blog, and a discussion over my chores for the day. So first, I drove to the Transfer Station because my Outback was filled with stuff, mostly junk, from the garage and its attic. When I returned, Evie had a bucket of soap water ready for me, along with a sponge mop. I grabbed a step ladder from the garage and went out to the front windows and began the cleaning, happy to be out there, squeezed between the house and rhododendrons. I first used the sponge mop, and then a vinegar spray, then wiped them clean with newspaper, still the best way to get them clean. Evie worked on the porch windows and oversaw my work.  Once that was accomplished, the windows clear and sparkling, we gathered the trash and I was off to the Transfer Station for the second time. After disposing of the trash, I drove to Wegmans and did quick run-through, picking up some goodies for tonight's dinner with friends. 

View From Bedroom

Surprisingly, I was home by 12:15, having accomplished quite a bit in the morning. Evie rewarded my efforts with a toasted cheese sandwich and I watched some football and Justified. I was tired enough by 1:00 that I went upstairs for a nap but couldn't sleep and was happy to read my book. The rest of the afternoon went quickly although Evie kept busy, getting various food and veggies in her Vacuwrap, then putting them in the freezer. She also prepped our dinner, chicken breasts topped with seasoning and baked in a creamy parmesean spinach sauce.

We watched various TV shows, Bargain Block, Colbert, the James Carville documentary on CNN, things like that until we both went up to bed early, tired from an busy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...