Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Fog Rising And 38º

7:59

8:03

It's mostly gray, with the steam or fog from the lake rising, because of the cold air. It's supposed to rain intermittently for the next couple of hours so I am not sure I will kayak. It's almost 9:00 and the weatherman was correct as it started to rain at 8:00, just as I was about to kayak and it's been drizzling ever since. 

Yesterday was somewhat of a continuation of not a good day. After coffee, I tried to kayak but it started to rain fairly hard so I had to come in after ten minutes. I knew I had to get my KIA to a shop for repairs so by 9:30, I was on my way to the Kia dealer. When they were closed, I left the car there on Friday night and dropped my keys in the safe box. Well, when I got to the dealer, they could not find my keys and were not very pleasant about it. So I drove back to our house, got Evie's keys and drove back to the dealer hoping they found the keys but they hadn't. 

They made it clear I had to take the car to a body shop to get the car fixed and mentioned one across the street. I walked over to talk with the owner and he said he was so busy he couldn't get to my car until November because so many people had hit deer. I finally called Schultz Collision Center, less than a mile away and they said they were not too busy.  So I had to get my car over there and talked with the mechanic who filled my radiator with water and said I should be good to go to the shop. I started it up and drove over with no warning light, dropped the car off, and got a ride back to Kia to get my Outback. I stopped in at Kia and they still had not found my key but would let me know when they did. They think the lost key was my fault, that I didn't put it in the Dropbox.

A Beautiful Fall Afternoon

So that was my morning. When I returned home, I had lunch, tuna sandwiches and cauliflower soup and watched my show. Evie was working on shining up our copper trays and other copper items and I rested some after lunch and read. At 3:30, we drove to Enterprise, to pick up our loaner, a Chevy Malibu and returned home to relax, have some wine, laugh about our weekend, and start dinner, a couple of roasted chicken breasts, brussels sprouts and the last of the noodles. We watched the first episode of Disclaimer, on Apple TV with Kate Winslett and Kevin Kline. We ended the night with Anderson Cooper and the first half of the Buffalo Bills game. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...