Thursday, May 2, 2019

Summertime And 81º

6:40

7:04
It's a wet morning, lots of gray and drizzle (a half inch overnight) so I will not be getting out there on the lake.  I woke unfortunately at 5:00, finally came downstairs at 5:30 to this dreary morning on the lake.  It's still warm, 57º, but nothing like yesterday afternoon's temperature in the 80's.

Yesterday was a surprisingly warm day, unexpected really.  The day began with a good kayaking down to the Power Boat Club on a mostly sunny 51º morning.  I was out for forty-five minutes but had plenty of time for breakfast, finishing the blog and getting ready for yoga.  We had an interesting class because I was one of two students, so we got the personal treatment from Julie. I then drove to the bank to get some cash and then came straight home. 

Evie had a leisurely morning, getting a few things done and watching or listening to the Barr hearings, a comedy hour if it weren't so sad.  The highlight was listening to Fox News' Chris Wallace malign his more politically motivated colleagues and speak the truth to power.  He is increasingly earning my admiration for not towing the Fox News line but sticking to the facts.  Lunch was easy, just pull out the other half of a hoagie from Hogan's and watch another episode of Bosch.

The rest of the afternoon disappeared quickly for some reason as I was reading, napping, or watching some TV.  At 3:00, however, I happened to glance at my watch and it said it was 81º outside.  I quickly checked it with my weather station which also said 81º.  Shocking.  I quickly went outside and was hit by the heat, a reminder of what is coming, the heat of summer.  I took off my fleece and decided to wash the car, a perfect way to enjoy the weather.  We continue to have trouble with birds pooping on the mirrors of both cars. It took some rubbing to clean them off and within 15 minutes I had a clean car.  Evie brought out two plastic bags and I tied them on the mirrors to see if that would make a difference. 

We had a nice wine time with the front door open as the sky began to darken and the rains came by 7:00.  Unfortunately, the guys were putting in the dock two doors down in the pouring rain.  At least it was still warm out.  Dinner was the leftover stuffed portabello mushrooms, baked potatoes and a salad, with cheesecake and raspberries for dessert.  Earlier in the day, on my way home from yoga, I was listening to ON POINT on NPR, and they were spending the hour talking about Beyonce's amazing documentary, HOMECOMING, on Netflix.  Since we had watched an hour and a half the night before, it was fun to listen to the raves.  It made me want to see the last hour so we watched it after dinner.  I have never seen such a lavish, spectacular production, with mind-bending dancers, a hyper-energetic, brassy, fun-loving band, and of course Beyonce's singing.  Watch it.  We also watched Jeopardy and Colbert but ended the night with a half hour of the BillBoard Music Awards.  After Beyonce's show, it was like watching amateur hour so we soon tired of it and went up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...