Wednesday, May 29, 2019

More Gray, More Rain

View From Our Porch At 5:43 AM
Morning Visitor To Our Dock
I was up at 5:45 to a light drizzle although it hardly wet the ground.  At the moment, it's 6:30, overcast although not raining.  The sound of purple martins fills the air as they flirt with our martin house.  I have yet to see anyone out on the lake fishing, quite a difference from the weekend.  I paddled for a good hour, over to Warner Bay, back along Long Point, over to Sandy Bottom and home.  I had the lake more or less to myself at first until a couple of bass boats passed by, ruining the quiet of the lake.  I also met a paddler, out for a morning like me.  

Kayaking Morning In The Reeds
A Rare Sighting Of A Northern Pintail
More Wood Ducks
Yesterday was one of those days. overcast and wet yet neither of us minded it.  I guess we had enough sun and blue skies over the weekend so that yesterday was fine.  And Evie's garden, our lawn, both looked glorious after the miracle of rain early Monday morning.  The dahlias, recently planted, seemed to just sprout overnight.  I made a poor choice by kayaking just as it started to drizzle, then rain, so I came back soaked but happy to have been on the lake.  At 9:00, I drove to yoga for a good class, always, especially since we never had to work on our warrior poses.  After class, I picked up a book on reserve at the library, got some cash at the ATM in Lakewood and stopped at Walmart to get a few things for the garden.

When I drove into our yard, Evie was outside, ready to drive to Wegman's, as it was 5% Tuesday and a stop a TJ Maxx's to return some things.  I had a quick lunch of hummus on a bagel with tomatoes and some of Linda's potato salad before driving to Jamestown at 1:00, for a teeth cleaning.  I have learned how to get on the good side of the dental hygienist as well as the dentist.  I just ask them about their kids and they are instantly my friends.  I did not linger and was home just as Evie was returning at 2:30.  Because of the cloudy skies and wet yard, we spent the rest of the afternoon inside, reading, watching TV, playing Words With Friends.  Early morning, I had noticed rain overflowing our gutter so I grabbed the ladder from the side of our house and cleaned the gutter over our front porch. I was surprised it was so clogged since I had cleaned it late last all after the leaves had fallen.  

We had a brief wine time, commenting on how much we were enjoying the wet, overcast afternoon.  Dinner was simple.  Just make up a plate of Sunday night's leftovers, ribs, and barbecued beans and heat them up with the microwave.  Add the potato salad and we had a great dinner thanks to Linda.  We watched a couple of Jeopardy, then the last episode of Rake to see how it ended,,.not well as if the writers just gave up and winged it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...