Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Just Another Gray, Misty Morning On The Lake

A Reminder Of The Good Old Days Of Summer: Granddaughters

6:14
I was up at 6:15, came down to a Chautauqua gray morning, just like yesterday, with a light drizzle for the next hour and 45º.  I want to kayak but it's not inviting.  Well, it was a mistake to get out on the lake as it was windy, with two-foot waves, and drizzle.  I was able to surf the waves out but had to fight them back to our house

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was a depressingly gray day, not a hint of the sun, just drizzle on and off during the day.  I made myself kayak in light rain and variable wind.  I went to yoga, the last week with our substitute Yin teacher, then stopped for a coffee before doing a shopping spree at Wegman's, stocking up for the week. My shopping was a bit precarious as the Wegman's shopping app seemed to be down, flummoxing Evie, making it difficult to make me a list. I had an interesting discussion with the check out gal, a Dutch native, about her variation on Wienerschnitzel.  I was back by 12:15, dried up some dishes and heated up the veggie soup while Evie made me a salami sandwich with sweet pickles for a change.  I am almost finished with Season Three of Bosch but have two more to go.

The rest of the afternoon was a bore because we had no desire to get outside because of the weather.  I read, napped, watched some TV with Evie and waited basically for wine time but had a Bloody Mary instead, tired of same old.  Dinner was super easy as we had enough of Sunday night dinner for Monday night.  So Evie heated up the Wienerschnitzel and potatoes, made a salad, blanched the broccoli and dinner was ready.  We couldn't wait to sit down, eat, and watch the last two episodes of the mini-series, BIG LITTLE LIES.  We liked it when we saw it last year but liked it, even more, the second time.  It's hard to watch at times because of the spousal abuse, the gossip, backbiting and fractured relationships in this upscale community but the performances are superb as one would expect with actors like Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, and Laura Dern not to mention Emmy winning actor Alexander Skarsgard as the abusive husband.  The series gets a strong thumbs up as Siskel and Ebert would say, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...