Friday, May 17, 2019

Shades Of Gray


Paddling At 7:00
8:02
A quiet overcast morning on the lake, just a few martins singing.  I was up at 5:45, much too early and was surprised that it was so warm, 61º.  We might have gotten a few drops of rain overnight, just enough to get the ground wet.  It's after 8:00 and I was out for forty-five minutes on a smooth lake, a changing morning sky, mostly cloudy but with some sunlight.  I scared off at least three herons, so I have few photographs this morning.

Kayak Morning

Looking For Wood Ducks

Found Rare White Trillium
Yesterday was a gardening day for Evie, a typical day for me.  I started with a good long paddle, then a yoga class.  I stopped at Aldi's after class to pick up a few things for the weekend, specifically, some ground chuck because we were having meatloaf for dinner.  I was home by 12:15 and Evie was busy pulling weeds and transplanting perennials, a perfect day for being outside.

I had the leftover eggplant pasta for lunch, watched Bosch, read some and tried to nap but to no avail.  I decided to get my boat trailer registered, my third try, so I drove to Mayville around 2:30 and was pleased to see there was no line.  Three minutes and 26 bucks later, I had the tag for my trailer.  I stopped at Tops to pick up some beer and a few other items, drove home, and Evie was just about ready to hang up her gardening tools as she had been outside most of the day.  By 5:00, we were out on our dock for the first time this Spring, enjoying the late afternoon, some pretzels and a beer.  It's the first time I realized that June and summer would soon be upon us.

While we were enjoying the dock, the meatloaf, potatoes, and cauliflower were in the oven baking. We headed in just after 6:00 as it began to cool off.  Evie made a salad, sliced the meatloaf, and readied the baked potatoes, topped with sour cream and we had dinner.   We watched a great Colbert because he had the boy band BTS from Korea on his show.  He likened them and their popularity to the Beatles and impersonated Ed Sullivan when he introduced them and his show takes place in the same theater as the Ed Sullivan show.  We ended the night with Rake and are ready to start Season Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...