Thursday, May 16, 2019

A Palomino Sky Morning

5:41

6:09

6:13

7:30
It's 6:10 and the sun just popped up over Long Point, on its journey north.  I have been up since 5:40, to a sky of many colors, lots of cream, light gray, and white.  It's motionless outside, the lake has nary a ripple and I want to get in my kayak and ride.  As I walked out to take a photo, I heard a loon.  I was out paddling by 6:35 because I had breakfast at 8:00.  It was another amazing morning on the lake, as I paddled into the sun when heading towards Long Point and to the Marina, then back across the lake to the reeds and home.
  
Kayak Morning
 
Male And Female Wood Ducks

Wood Duck In Grasses Of Long Point
Yesterday, finally, was a fine day here in Chautauqua County, sunshine most of the time, temperatures in the '50s, perfect for being outside.  I got in an hour long paddle before yoga class although I was not able to photograph any waterfowl as they seem to be either hiding or gone.  Yoga class was great as Jen is back and she modeled a class after Iyengar yoga, her yoga guru which everyone liked.  After class, I stopped at the gravel pit and picked up another load of stones, spread them out on our road, then drove back and got another load to spread and finally, I think I am done.  Meanwhile, Evie was in Mayville at the doctor's office, to see about her nagging cough.  Her PA sent her to Westfield for an Xray and put her on antibiotics.  Before heading to Westfield, she tried to register my boat trailer but was unable to do so because my name was on the registration.  It made us think about how many things are registered in my name, something to think about as we get older.

Woodlawn, Early Morning
Lunch was a schnitzel sandwich along with another bowl of soup and the start of Season Four of Bosch.  Evie was back by 1:30, ready to have an easy afternoon.  I cannot remember what I did in the afternoon other than watch some NBA, read my book and try to nap.  I ended up outside on a chaise lounge, enjoying the sun for an hour.  Neither of us took advantage of the nice day unfortunately and didn't even think about dinner until 6:00 when we had a glass of wine.

As Evie sauteed the eggplant, I did up the dishes.  Once the eggplant was done, she made tomato sauce using fresh Campari tomatoes and added garlic and red pepper flakes, boiled spaghetti noodles and by 7:00, we had a tasty eggplant pasta along with a salad.  We watched a Colbert, tried to get into the series Fleabag but the main character is too off-putting.  So we went back to another episode of Rake before going to bed a bit early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...