Friday, May 31, 2019

A Good Day For A Drive


6:05
It's 5:30, quiet an overcast on a 58º morning.  No paddle this morning as we are taking a road trip to Virginia, to visit our daughter Jill and her family.  It's a drive we take quite often so it's no big deal, usually about seven hours.

Yesterday was a busy day, getting ready for a getaway to celebrate our granddaughter Hayden's graduation from Patriot High School in Bristow, VA.  The morning went more or less as usual, with a short paddle for me, breakfast in Bemus, then a good yin yoga class with Danielle as she continues to introduce new things in class.  After class, I dropped a couple of books off at the library, made sure I have a couple for our visit and drove home just as it started to drizzle.  In fact, it seemed to drizzle on and off much of the afternoon but it did not bother us as we were in the house trying to figure out what to bring to Hayden's party and graduation.  It's going to be in the high 80's for the weekend so we have to get out appropriate attire.

3:40
I ended up grabbing all my winter shirts, mostly flannel and putting them in the attic after replacing them with all my short sleeve shirts, mostly aloha shirts that I have collected over the years.  Evie took time out from organizing the house and packing to put together our dinner, pasta with fresh tomato sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and chicken and it looked so good that I had it for lunch.  I did not want to start the last season of Bosch so I rewatched the first episode of THE WIRE, trying to decide if I want to watch it a second time,  

Our car was packed and ready to go by wine time.  It's becoming more and more difficult to pack for a trip for some reason, mostly because we cannot make up our mind what we will need, whether it will be hot or cold, dry or wet, so we bring too much.  Sound familiar? It felt good to have it done and sit down an enjoy the late afternoon with a glass of wine even if it was overcast and raining.

6:05
Dinner was already made so there was no hassle, just heat up the pasta and make a salad.  We were able to watch Jeopardy and a couple of other shows but by 9:00, I was glued in front of the TV, watching the first game of the NBA finals.  Evie was tired so she went up to bed early because we wanted to be on our way early.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...