Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sun Blasts Through A Morning Fog


7:43

8:01

8:21

 I actually slept through until 7:00.  It was strange to see light in the bedroom since I have been used to the dark when I get up.  I thought Evie left a light on.  It's now 8:00 and until about 20 minutes ago, we were fogged in.  Now, however, the sun is shining, the fog starting to lift, the temperature rising to a still chilly 40º.

I can't really figure out where yesterday went but it did.  I know we did little in the morning but by the time I looked at the clock it was 1:00.  Neither one of us had much mojo so the extent of our efforts was to get trash ready for a trip to the Transfer Station.  Since earlier in the week I had tidied up my garage's attic, I already had a car full of stuff.  So I had to make two trips to the Transfer Station for the first time.  Interesting, I know.

I had a lunch of a leftover hoagie and another bowl of lentil soup and watched the final episode of Season Two of Friday Night Lights.  And the rest of the afternoon was a blur for both of us.  I did manage to get the mail, talk with a few neighbors and Evie finally got around to doing something around 4:00 and she started on bedroom # 2, cleaning the blinds, taking out the screens for me to wash this morning.

We had decided earlier we were going to try a new restaurant, The Busti Tap House, a fairly new restaurant rebuilt at the previous well known location which had burned down a few years ago.  It took the owners two years to build, using lots of refurbished barn wood, so they are proud of their bar/restaurant.  It's a fifteen-mile drive, pleasant on a Fall afternoon.

The Bar At Busti Tap House
We were lucky to find a seat at the bar and talked briefly with the owner and hostess, both fun to talk to.  I wish I could say we liked it better than we did but the food was average; we both had burgers and fries, but the place was very noisy and then a loud band started a 7:00, making it very difficult to talk.  Evie did strike up a conversation with a couple who live a half mile away and they said it's much better during the week.  The wife works at the Y and the husband is a pilot for Republic Airlines out of Pittsburgh.  I could not hear a word that was said unfortunately, often the problem when sitting at a bar.  And we had to wait an inordinately long time for the check as the bartender and waitresses seemed to be having trouble with the computer, and there was a line of people waiting for tables as the place was getting crowded. We will try it again but during the week.

We were home by 8:45, in time to watch another outrageous Bill Maher.  How he gets away with some of the stuff he says is surprising but I guess anything can be said on cable, especially if you are a comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...