Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Clear Skies, Sad Hearts


6:22

7:09

7:22

7:23
 It's another blue sky morning, 46º, and will get up into the mid 70's, another Indian summer day.  I have been up since 6:05, listening to Morning Joe discuss the tragedy in Las Vegas, the craziness of our gun policies.  Will this be the turning point?  Will Congress finally act responsibility? I doubt it because not a single Republican Congressman was willing to appear on Morning Joe this morning, just Democrats. It's 8:40 and I have been out paddling and blue heron hunting, with success!
Hidden Among Reeds

Stretching
Yesterday was not much fun as I woke up with a toothache, drove off to the dentist at 8:30 and was told I needed a root canal by 9:00.  This morning, then, I will be heading to the dentist to get it done, a fun way to start the day.  Anyways, I was home yesterday by 10:00, in time to finish up the blog and figure out what to do with the rest of the day.  Evie needed to do some shopping at Sam's then stop at Wegman's, to pick up a few items.  I picked up my trailer from Keystone where it was getting safety checked.  Easy right?  Nope, first, we discovered that the ball I had on my hitch was the wrong size and could be dangerous.  So I drove home, got another ball, the right size, came back and all we needed to do was take the nut off the ball.  Well, it wouldn't come off, was stripped for some reason so they had to saw it off, and I had to use another bolt.  Anyways, a 15-minute job took close to an hour and a half.  At least I now have a legal trailer, with lights and new steel braces.  I drove it down to the Marina on Sea Lion Drive where our mechanic Chris works, and he will take my boat down in a week for winterizing.

I was home by 12:30 and had a lunch of leftover chicken curry.  Evie was home as well getting our dinner ready, chicken enchiladas, so she would not have to fuss later in the day.  I settled down to start the third season of Friday Night Lights only to find out, to my dismay, that Netflix had taken the series off their streaming after six or seven years.  Perfect.  So I had to find something else to watch so I decided to finish The Five which we had started last week.

Evie took advantage of one of what might be the last warm days of fall and went out on the dock for  part of the afternoon, ending her afternoon with a swim in the chilly waters.  I joined her briefly, enjoying the warm sun, as the wind ebbed and flowed.  Finally bored, I took a long kayak paddle, chilly from the wind until I got to Long Point and then, because I was protected from the wind, I was too warm.  When I returned, a fisherman was tied up to our dock, the couple talking to Evie.  They were a couple we met at the Viking Club last week, Henry and Jan.  Henry is an avid fisherman and set Evie's rod up with a hook and sinker and explained how to catch walleye.  She can't wait to give it a go.

6:56 pm

6:58 pm
We decided to have a nice wine time on our porch, with cheese and crackers.  It was actually warmer out on our porch than inside our house because we had it closed up.  It was another fine evening, a few guys out fishing, but the lake was hardly busy. We stayed out until it began to get dark and then came in and had our chicken enchiladas which were baking in the oven.  We watched a series with Elizabeth Moss, the sequel to Top Of The Lake, confusing at least for us as it seemed to have little to do with the previous episodes.  We ended the night with the pundits talking endlessly about Las Vegas, repeating the same things that have been said for the previous eight hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...