Friday, October 6, 2017

Harvest Moon Over Chautauqua Lake


7:22 PM

7:24 PM

7:29 PM
I am up at my usual at 6:15 on a cloudy, overcast morning.  We had some rain last night, more forecast for later in the day.  I have to be off by 8:15 for a stress test in Erie, about a 45-minute drive.  It will take a couple of hours, and I was hoping to ride my bike around Findley Lake after the test but the weather does not look promising.

7:30
Yesterday we got a late start because I had breakfast in Bemus.  When I got home, we finished up the blog and Evie was busy making her grocery list because we were having Linda and Ron over for dinner Friday night.  I was little help and she wanted to get off before noon, so I did what I do best in the morning.

Kayak Morning
I took a long kayak jaunt down to Snug Harbor and the mouth of Prendergast Creek,  taking photographs, then moseyed back along the Whitney Bay shoreline.  I was gone a good hour and when I got home, Evie said aloha as she was ready to go shopping.

Ducks At Snug Harbor

Hanging Out At The Creek
I felt righteous after my paddle so it seemed like a good time to do some yoga.  So I got out my mat, turned on some French tunes by Charles Trenet, not very yoga-like but I like it. I took my time and forty-five minutes later, I was Mr. Mellow,  ready for lunch, more lentil soup and a bagel with cream cheese.

Evie came back as I was finishing up my lunch, put away the groceries and starting prepping for Friday night's dinner by making up a marinade and a salad dressing.  Once that was done, she went out on the dock as we keep thinking this will be the last day of dock time but, then, the next day is another.  No complaints.  I joined her after a nap and some reading of a Michael Connelly thriller.  It was warm enough when the sun was out that I began to sweat but when it hid behind the clouds, it was cool enough for a fleece, especially when the wind picked up.

Around 4:00, I took the cover off the boat, again, and we went for another 'last boat ride of the fall', over to Bemus and back.  It was another lovely afternoon, sunny with blue skies, and we were one of two or three boats on the lake.  When we returned around 5:30, I noticed my bilge pump was not working so I took the cover off, hit it a couple of times and viola, Mr. Fix It fixed it.

Because there was supposed to be a harvest moon last night, we decided to eat after the rising so we could enjoy it and take photographs.  That left an hour for Evie to put together our dinner and a dessert, apple dumplings, one of my favorite recipes from childhood.  What a kitchen queen.

We went out and sat on the dock at 6:55, waiting for the Harvest Moon to rise.  Unfortunately, we were a bit early as it did not rise until 7:22 but it was worth the wait although the photos may not suggest it.

Dinner was the leftover eggplant and chicken parm from Rocco's, with added sauce, mushrooms, and Italian sausage to brighten it up.  Yum.  I forgot to attach the photo of the stacked eggplant parm from Thursday night's dinner.
Eggplant Parm From Rocco's
And the apple dumplings, with cream, were fabulous, making us both wonder why we don't make them more often.  We watched This Is Us which is not grabbing us like it did last year and some Vice News before going up to bed and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...