Thursday, October 19, 2017

Another Blue, Cloudless Sky Morning


7:42

7:45
It's 7:30 and both Evie and I are up, waiting for the sunrise listening to Morning Joe.  I was up early, at 5:00 and came downstairs, but fell asleep on the couch until 7:00.  I have watched the sky turn orange, now pink, the lake placid, a bevy of geese feeding in front of our house. 

Yesterday was a perfect fall day but not so perfect for Evie who was not feeling well.  So she just took it easy, getting a few things done, enjoying some sun, with an easy dinner of an omelet with bagels.  I started the day with a good paddle then around 10:30, drove off to Jamestown for a bike ride. 

Jamestown's Chadakoin River
It ended up not being so much of a bike ride as a tour of some of the depressing, low-income areas of Jamestown, as I tried to follow, on my bike, the Chakakoin River, difficult as it winds through the city, under bridges, and along abandoned factories.  It's depressing, especially when I rode by the St Susan's Center, which provides free meals seven days a week.  I walked inside briefly, and over a 100 people were having lunch, with a number standing outside, hanging out. 

Bridge # 1 Over The Chadakoin River
Last week, I had read about the new bridges which were going to be part of the Riverwalk, so I biked along the path, taking pictures of both bridges.  They don't make a lot of sense as they are not far apart and it would seem that one would have done but what do I know. 

Bridge # 2
I was home by 12:30 and had an easy lunch by heating up the leftover pasta from the previous night, adding lots of parmesan cheese and watched the last episode of The Five.  I then read some, took a nap, and took it easy but around 3:00, the blue lake on a sunny afternoon was beckoning, so I paddled down to Whitney Bay in back, enjoying the fact that most of the docks are in as well as the boat lifts, making it a very different kind of kayaking.  I then did some more raking of the pine needles that are covering our parking areas, filling another garbage pail and I am still not done.

6:04 PM
By 6:00, Evie was feeling better so we had a glass of wine while she put together an omelet for our dinner.  We watched various programs, This Is Us the only one worth mentioning, as well as channel surfing back and forth between the big three, CNN, MSNBC, and FOX.  After them, it was a relief to go up to bed to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...