Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Wild, Windy Morning Of Gray


7:00

8:14
I was up at 6:10, ready for bear but settled on coffee and a blanket to keep me warm on a 46º morning.  Bass boats hit the ruffled waters at 7:00, obviously a fall tournament,  and I have yet to see the sun, just threatening gray clouds.  And the lake looks like a river this morning, flowing towards Jamestown and the mouth of the Chadakoin River.

Morning Visitor
Yesterday rain was forecast although early, it was only blue skies and a calm lake.  So I was able to get a good paddle in before the winds and clouds arrived.  When I returned, Chris, who helps with our boat, adjusted the shift cable and we are good to go.  Evie was getting her hair trimmed by Jaret at 11:30, so she wanted to get some things done before she left.  So she worked on one of the upstairs bedrooms, cleaning the blinds, time consuming, and washing the windows.  I helped by washing the screens, taking them out and putting them back in.  By 11:00, the windows were done and Evie was off for the afternoon, at Jaret's then shopping at TJ's and Sam's Club.

Since Evie would be gone for a couple of hours, I decided to go for a bike ride as the rain was not supposed to arrrive until after 2:00.  So I drove to Mayville around 11:30, parked my bike at the Lighthouse Grocery and rode my bike through Mayville, down Sea Lion Drive to the end and back, in, of course, a drizzle, so I was soaking wet by the time I returned to the Lighthouse.  I did ride on the new asphalt path along the lake in Mayville, which eventually will continue all the way to Westfield.  I decided to get a hoagie from the Lighthouse and picked up a couple of bags of Utz chips and some chip dip for a snack, Evie's favorite.  When I got home, I took a quick shower to warm up, heated up some lentil soup, and had half a hoagie as I watched FNL. 

Hail

Ducks Duck The Storm
Evie got home around 2:30 and I helped unpack the car, filled with a small bag of clothes and staples.  Around 3:30, the rain finally hit, heavy winds and hail for all of ten minutes and that was it for the rain for the day. 

4:46

6:18
We decided to have our once a week Manhattan night, with appetizers, chips, swiss cheese and crackers.  It was a great idea, as the sky was amazing, blue sky and white puffy clouds which kept us taking photos all through our cocktail hour. 

6:50
Finally, the sky darkened around 7:15, time  for dinner.  We had a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and baked potatoes and a slaw salad, easy and good.  We watched some Friday night TV, not even sure what at the moment, probably CNN and MSNBC and Fox News for a laugh.  It was good to get back to my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...