Saturday, October 7, 2017

Cloudy Skies, Drizzle And Bass Boats


7:05

7:20

9:27
I have been up for close to two hours and still no sign of the sun because of a heavy cloud bank.  It's drizzling off and on this morning after some rain last night.  Around 7:10, bass boats roared out of Long Point, another tournament begins.  It's a sticky 61º morning (91% humidity) and we may not see much sun today.  I want to get a paddle in this morning but the lake is already beginning to wrinkle, so I better get going with this blog.  It's 9:00 and I just returned from my usual kayak route, over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom and home.  No blue heron sightings, a few wood duck photos but they were blurry for some reason.  They seem to always be sitting on the same tree branch each morning until I scare them away

Yesterday was a wasted day for me, a busy one of Evie.  I had a nuclear stress test in Erie so I was gone from 8:00 until 1:00.  The test takes two-three hours, lots of waiting and I assume I did fine, at least they told me I could go home, not so true for another patient.  While I was gone, Evie was happy to be working in her kitchen, getting dinner ready for Linda and Ron.  It was one of our go to dinners from an age ago, a marinated leg of lamb, grilled later in the day, ratatouille, rice and for dessert, Napoleons with lemon curd cream and raspberries.  So, when I got home around 1:00, she had everything more or less ready.  I was tired from sitting around except for five minutes on a treadmill, so I had a quick lunch of lentil soup and Evie made me a cheese sandwich.  I watched The Five, then took a nap because I was hardly able to stay awake during the episode. 

When I got up, I helped clean up the kitchen and get things ready for dinner although most everything was done by Evie.  We were able to then relax for an hour or two until 5:00 when I went out and turned on the barbecue and grilled the butterflied leg of lamb which had been marinating for twenty-four hours.  It was charred on the outside, nice and rare on the inside and took about forty-five minutes. Evie wrapped it in foil at 6:00, just as Linda and Ron arrived.  It was a strange night on the lake, misty and overcast but warm enough, to sit outside on our porch with appetizers and a beer. 

Dinner
Around 7:20, I carved the lamb and Evie plated our dinners.  Everything was great, the lamb and ratatouille and salad.  It's been awhile since we have had both a leg of lamb and ratatouille and brought back lots of good memories.  We had our Napoleons in the living room, and Linda and Ron stayed until 9:30.  We decided to put the dishes off until this morning and relaxed with some TV and our devices until it was time to head up to bed. 


2 comments:

  1. I would like to request Napoleons for dessert the next time I'm at Chautauqua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remind management when you make your reservation; Biff thinks the apple dumplings were just as good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...