Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Windy And Warming

7:14

7:24

7:54

It's 7:45 and 30º although later in the day it should get up to 50º and last for a day or two before the temperatures drop again. At least the ice in our parking area should melt, making it easier to get to the car. A few ice fishing tents are out but not as many as I would have thought given that it's in the 30s. 

Yesterday was very cold but the sun was out, the skies were blue so why complain.  We had our usual morning of deciding what to have for dinner, what if anything we had to do before I drove off to Jamestown at 9:30 for teeth cleaning at my dentist's office.  They are all vaccinated and careful during the cleaning which was reassuring. I was out of there by 10:50 and on my way to pick up a few vegetables and a sub at Brigotti's Grocery.  Because I was bored, I stopped at Runnings and walked the aisles to see if there was something I didn't need. 

I was home by 12:15 and for lunch, I had half of the Italian sub and Evie's vegetable soup. And that was it until 3:45 when I was finished with a good nap and lying around on the couch reading and went out to cross country ski. It was a good choice as the wind was bearable when I skied south to Wells Bay and at my back when I went north, making it easy and pleasant.  The sun was out, beginning to drop, leaving long shadows on the lake's surface.  I loved it and was out for close to an hour.  

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and by 6:00, we were enjoying a happy hour with appetizers and a glass or two wine.  It felt good to be back on our couches, enjoying the waning of the day. 





We knew we would not be very hungry after our appetizers, so Evie made us chicken salad sandwiches to go with another bowl of soup. We watched a couple of Jeopardy shows and a silly episode of The Good Fight before returning to some of the Olympics and HGTV before bed.  It turned out to be a good day. 

Snow Moon

Good Night Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...