Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Warming, Windy, And Rain Late Afternoon

6:59

7:06

7:06

A colorful, partly cloudy sky, fills this morning's windows,  with temperatures already in the high 20's.  The ice fishermen are out, of course,  and the rain should not arrive until mid-afternoon. And characteristically of Chautauqua weather, we may get up to ten or more inches of snow tomorrow, Thursday. 

7:30

7:40

7:40

Yesterday was a busy day, as we hit the road a couple of times.  We had a leisurely morning, actually, in no hurry to head to Wegmans to do our shopping.  It's nice to not be in a hurry so we did not drive off until 11:15.  I dropped Evie off at Wegmans then drove to do a quick walkthrough Walmart, looking for a couple of things we could not buy at Wegmans. I returned to Wegmans and helped Evie finish up her big shopping day.  We left with a cart overflowing with groceries and a big bill. At least we got our 5% off, saving us probably eight bucks. 

For lunch, I had the last of the chicken curry over rice and it was still tasty. I am into Season Two of The Sopranos and just realized I have four more seasons to go. It should keep me happy during lunch till Spring. I then relaxed with my book, napped, and helped Evie in the kitchen until 3:00, when she left for a doctor's appointment in Westfield. I knew she would be gone for a couple of hours so I decided to check out the weather, put on my skis, and headed south on the lake until I realized it was ridiculous to ski into a twenty mile an hour wind.  I turned around and with the wind at my back, I skied down to the campground found a spot to ski up to their road, and skied home, protected from the wind from homes and trees. When I got home, I did not feel like reading so I plopped myself down in the TV room and treated myself to another episode of The Sopranos.

Cross Country Skiing On The Lake At 3:37

Evie was home after 5:00 and promptly jumped on a Zoom call with her sisters until 5:45. We then relaxed in the living room with a glass of wine as our dinner warmed up, the Slovenian sausages, sauerkraut, and beans and potato soup. We finished up the sausages but there is enough soup left for my lunch today.  We then watched a Colbert, ending the night with a must-see film on HBO Max called THE FALLOUT, starring an amazing young actor, Jenna Ortega. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 92% and I don't want to give away what it's about other than it revolves around a couple of teenage daughters, their family, and high school friends.  Watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...