Sunday, February 6, 2022

Here Comes The Sun


7:31

7:31

It's  7:49 and once again, the living room is filled with sunshine and soon, I will be moving to another chair because it is so bright.  It's warmed up some since yesterday, 10º, but may get up into the low 30s later in the day. Ice fishermen are out along Long Point and before I forget, Thursday afternoon we saw a single great blue heron fly by and land near Victoria, a first sighting in the winter months. 

Woodlawn

Saturday was another cold day, with flurries in the morning and lots of sunshine in the afternoon.  We did not do much because of the cold and stayed in on Saturday night because of the high rate of Covid in our county. So we ended up with a semi-busy morning, with Evie making a big pot of minestrone soup for our lunches and I gathered the trash and went off to the Transfer Station after cleaning the snow off the car once again and doing some shoveling of our parking area. 

Woodlawn

By the time I returned, the soup had been simmering on the stove for a good hour. It was lunchtime by then and Evie made me a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches to go along with a couple of bowls of minestrone. Once I was finished eating, our afternoon went, as usual, reading, watching TV, and falling asleep for a bit. By 3:30, however, I could not resist getting out in the cold, sunny air and put on my skies and skied around our neighborhood, avoiding the woods because the snow was so deep,  I ended up testing the lake and skied comfortably until I headed in and found a soft, wet spot, freezing up a part of my skies,  It was great to be out, however, and lots of hikers were out as well, snowshoeing to Long Point and back. 

Cross Country Skiing On The Lake

Blue Skies And Shadows

Making Tracks

Hiking on Long Point

We then relaxed with a libation until it was time to make dinner.  Earlier, Evie had pulled scallops out of the freezer so once they were defrosted, she seared them and made a sauce of garlic, lemon, and wine, boiled linguini, and we had a great Italian dinner. We watched a lousy film, so bad I cannot remember its name. And ended the night with a hilarious Jack Reacher, a new series on Amazon Prime.  It's not supposed to be funny but I have read all the Reachers and this series is a hoot, as I predicted just about every fight where he takes on five or six guys and drops them all. As my sister Ellen would say, "You're no Jack Reacher."

Saturday Afternoon On The Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...