Friday, February 25, 2022

Sleet, Ice, And 31º

6:42

7:42

A winter advisory is in effect but we have hardly received enough snow to cover the yard, not that I am complaining.  I think it might be icy on the roads for the people who drive to work. We might get another inch or two during the day but that's it for the winter advisory.

Yesterday was a surprisingly busy day for me. After getting up early, at 6:30 and having my coffee, I was off to breakfast in Bemus at 8:00, once again we were the only ones in the cafe.  I was home by 9:15, in time to get organized and drive to yoga in Lakewood for an hour and fifteen minute Yin Yoga class, with 15 other practitioners. 

Jamestown's Riverwalk

Sections Still Snow Covered

Lunch was one of my favorites, potato pancakes from the leftover mashed potatoes and fried eggs. I finished lunch early because I had an appointment in Greenhurst with my Subaru dealer to fix my airbag and door.  While they fixed the airbag, I went out for a walk along the snow-covered Riverside walk which follows the Chadokoin River as it winds its way into Jamestown from Chautauqua Lake. Unfortunately, the motor for the back lift gate needs to be replaced and it may take a couple of weeks for them to get it. It seems as if there's always something, the car, the frig, the stove, the kitchen floor, the boiler, not that I am complaining. I did enjoy getting outside and walking however so not all was lost.

Frozen Creek

Winter Scene

Dock Along Chadokoin River

I was home by 3:30 and Evie had prepped our dinner, roasting eggplant and combining it with tomatoes for a pasta dish.  The rest of the afternoon was one of leisure although I was having trouble finding a book to read as it's getting harder and harder to find something I like.   

We had eggplant and tomatoes over pasta along with a salad and watched the latest breaking news, Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which seemed an impossibility only a few years ago. Putin, like all strongmen, seems willing to threaten nuclear war to get his way, something any reasonable or sane leader would not do. So he's just another in the line of genocidal leaders, like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Saddam, the scourges of history. We found relief in Jeopardy and The Good Fight although Season Four continues with the bizarre and silly,  the idiosyncratic judge or lawyer. How bout a Perry Mason instead of some ditz.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...