Thursday, February 17, 2022

Rain, Rain, Go Away

7:01

7:06

7:07

It's just 7:00 as I start this and for the first time in a while, I was awake at 6:15, could not get back to sleep so here I am, starting my blog at 7:00.  The lake is one big slick ice skating rink, the snow having melted, as the big melt continues. 

Wednesday was a bizarre winter day, weather-wise, as the single-digit temperatures gave way to weather in the 50s and heavy winds, just like this morning's 48. Evie had ambitious plans for the morning, Kondoizing our downstairs bathroom closet, filled with everything from pills, to towels, to bleach, to bandaids, etc.  So after breakfast and the blog, we pulled everything out of the medicine cabinet as well as closet, washed it down, threw out what we no longer needed or had not used in years, easily filled a trash bag. 


Dobbins Woods


By 10:30, the hard part was done so Evie suggested I go 'take a hike.' I decided to snowshoe Dobbins Woods, a preserve about ten minutes away.  We have not hiked it since it has been reconfigured so I thought I out to snowshoe, not cross country ski.  It was a good idea as the trail was partially frozen as well as melting, perfect for my snowshoes.  It's a mile and a quarter through woods and I worked up quite a sweat because the temperature was in the high 40s. I was the only one on the trail and enjoyed the solitude. 

Looking Up

Wild Turkeys

I was home by noon and Evie has just about finished with the bathroom and was taking time out.  She also doctored up her vegetable soup which needed some spicing up as it was too bland the night before.  I had it for lunch along with the rest of the hoagie from Tuesday and watched The Sopranos as one character after another gets whacked, usually a surprise. I really liked the beginning of my new novel, The Paper Palace but am beginning to have some doubts as it takes a dark turn.  I did of course get in a g good nap, watched some of the Olympics with Evie, shoveled some of the ice off our walk before Evie started preparing dinner around 5:00.  

4:45

Windy And Thawing

At my suggestion, we were having Salisbury steak again, with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, and a salad.  It was just as good as the last time we had it and enough is left over for another dinner. Yea.  We watched some of the Olympics, then a somewhat dated film from the 1970s called Three Days Of The Condor with Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway. I think we have been spoiled by more recent films which have constant action, films that no longer linger over scenes.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and a pretty good The Good Fight, as Mia gets fired and the firm erupts over complaints of racism, favoring white hires. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...