Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A Bright Shiny Morning

7:22

7:28

7:52

8:30

8:40

It's 8:35 and I can hardly look out at the lake the sun is so bright.  I have my baseball cap on so I can see my computer and like always, am surprised by the sun rising earlier each day. Suddenly, at 8:30, its high in the sky. It's warming up, alas, 29º and my get up to 40º, with the chance of rain. 

Morning at 9:03

Tuesday seemed like a busy day but really wasn't.  It snowed some earlier, then was mostly overcast the rest of the day.  Evie had an appointment for an ultrasound in Westfield at 9:30 so we were on our way by 8:45.  I dropped her off and went to the Full Strength Coffee Company on Main in Westfield.  It was practically empty, with a few take-outs, making me wonder how it survives.  I sat at the window, reading on my phone until Evie texted to say she was finished.  We were home by 10:45, giving me time to take a Yoga With Adrienne class on YouTube.  It felt good to stretch my back and hamstrings, then settle down for ten minutes in Shavasana. 

For lunch, I had the last of the chicken and rice and watched another episode of The Sopranos.  I have to admit to getting a bit bored with it as, like all series, there are ups and downs. I will stick with it. The rest of the afternoon we took it easy, with Evie relaxing in between doing the wash for the week. I am reading Stephen Hunters Point Of Impact which seems familiar, making me wonder if I read it a few years ago.  By 3:30, I was fed up with lying around the house and decided to cross country ski. Fortunately, the wind had wound down, so it was pleasant out on the lake despite cloudy, gray skies.  I skied down to Chautauqua Escapes, then skied home through the campground and along Park Way. I was out for forty-five minutes and felt righteous when I returned home in a sweat.  

Cross Country Skiing At 3:56

At 5:00. Evie had her Tuesday Zoom call with her sisters and I watched another episode of The Sopranos tired of reading.  After the Zoom call, Evie put together a cauliflower with cheese sauce.  Earlier she had bread the pork chops, fried them, and put them in the oven until the cauliflower was done.  Breaded pork chops are one of the first meals I remember Evie making when we were first married, living in Babbitt Gardens in Euclid, Ohio.  They are still a favorite for both of us,  Our viewing was the usual, although we started a film called Big Fish but did not like it much, so we returned to our series, Jack Reacher and The Good Fight, with a Jeopardy thrown in for variety. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...