Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Drizzle, Gray Skies, 44º

7:05

8:20

A drab, Spring-like morning on the lake except for the snow on our lawn, the frozen lake. Yesterday was in the 50s and it will continue today, and tomorrow, beginning another big melt only to get colder on Thursday and Friday.  Would love to have a couple more weeks of winter.

Lake Ice Melts

Monday turned out to be another fine lake day, with warm weather, some sunshine, and blue skies.  Since I knew it was going to warm up during the day, making it impossible to cross country ski, I drove to Bemus after breakfast and the blog.  I parked at the end of Lakeside Drive and skied Long Point State Park for forty-five minutes.  It was still decent, the snow just beginning to melt, the temperatures still in the 30s.  I ran into a couple of guys walking their dogs but that was it. The trails looked used, by fat-tire bikes, snowmobiles, skies, and snowshoe enthusiasts.  


Blue Skies

Much Used Trail

Evie had been busy while I was cross country skiing, of course, and had even put together a brothy vegetable soup for my lunch to go along with a salami sandwich, with mustard and tomatoes. After lunch, I cleaned up the inside of my car, took out the car mats, and left the doors open so the carpets, wet from the winter snow, would dry out.  Both of us relaxed most of the afternoon, with Evie occasionally throwing stuff in the washer or dryer while I read and napped on the couch. Despite the blue skies and sun, we stayed inside, still reluctant to walk anywhere because of the melting snow and ice.

For dinner, we decided that instead of having a salmon filet, Evie would bake it, then break the filet up into pieces and make one big salad for dinner.  I actually prefer my salmon that way so I was happy. And if you want to be depressed, make sure to watch August: Osage County, a film filled with big-name stars like Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep.  Whatever your family situation, this film will make it look like the 1950s TV series Father Knows Best.  We ended the night with Jeopardy and The Good Fight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...