Saturday, February 26, 2022

A Cold, White Morning

6:54

7:34

8:11

It's 7:50 and Evie has just come downstairs and grabbed a cup of coffee.  I have been up since 6:45, reading what the pundits have to say about Putin's invasion of Ukraine and none of its good at least in the short term. It's still a shock, to think that something like that could happen in the 21st century with all the nukes available. With all the misinformation out there, it's not hard to envision both sides coming up with 'their facts,' an impossibility when I was growing up. Walter Cronkite was the facts. 

Friday Morning's Ice

Yesterday was another bad day at Chautauqua Lake because of the mixture of rain and sleet and temperatures in the teens.  We woke up to a car encased in ice as well as a parking area like a skating rink. Fortunately, we did not have to go anywhere in the morning so we just kicked back and enjoyed a long coffee morning before getting a few things done in the kitchen and house.  I wanted to get some exercise so I spent 35 minutes doing Yoga With Adriene before lunch which made me feel a little better about myself.  

Lunch was the leftover eggplant pasta, tasty and filling and I watched another violent Soprano episode, as another female gets beat up and killed by her 'boyfriend.' It's hard to watch yet seemed normal for those days. I finally found a novel I like, a detective story set in Cleveland, Ohio, called Tonight I Said Goodbye, by Michael Koryta.

Around 2:00, I was tired of reading and decided to drive to Jamestown because I had a package that needed to be dropped off at UPS. So I went out and worked at deicing my car which took about 15 minutes. Evie and I then drove to Jamestown and I dropped her off to get a blood test, then went to UPS before returning to pick up Evie and driving home, the roads cleared and safe. 

We had decided on another easy dinner as neither of us wanted to cook so Evie got the leftover pizza out of the freezer to heat up.  We enjoyed a happy hour with good cheese and Ina Garten's cashews before heating up the pizza.  We then watched TV, some Colbert, and Jeopardy before another episode of The Good Fight which is getting so bizarre and silly we are ready to forget about it and watch something else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...