Saturday, February 5, 2022

A Blanket Of White

7:17

Adirondacks

7:30

9:15

It's 7:20 and I can hardly make out the lake as the sky, lake, and snow blend into one vast curtain of white. It's chilly again this morning 7º, and although it's snowing (a couple of feet at the moment), there is no longer a winter storm warning.  And best of all, we may get some sunshine later today. 

A Couple Feet Of Snow

Friday was not the best of days, mostly because our only exercise was to get out and shovel our parking area a couple of times.  For some reason, I was not excited about cross country skiing because the snow would have been deep in most areas, making it tough going.  So my only exercise in the morning was to practice Yoga With Adrienne for forty five minutes.  Evie was like me, happy to stay cozy and warm in our house, get a couple of things done and we were satisfied with that.

I had a choice for lunch and went with BLT's, about as good a lunch as I can imagine.  Only a bowl of Evie's soup would have made for a better lunch. I watched my show, The Sopranos and read briefly before I had to be on my way to Lakewood, to pick up my new glasses.  It took five minutes to get them fitted and I was on my way home, stopping, however, at Wegmans to pick up a few things.  I also got my car washed and the kid spent a good five to ten minutes, hosing down the snow and ice on my car before sending it though the car wash.  

A Bright Red Tent

Afternoon Delight

We both were excited about dinner, burgers with all the fixings and a salad.  So after a glass of wine, Evie fried up the burgers, heated the buns and made a salad.  We are always happy to adjourn to the TV room with our dinners, kick back, and enjoy our burgers and some TV.  We watched a Real Time With Bill Maher, always fun, then the usual, Jeopardy, Colbert and The Good Fight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...