Thursday, February 3, 2022

A Few Inches Of Wet Snow

Captured By Evie 

7:30

It's later than usual as I start this, 9:15 because I just returned from breakfast in Bemus at the Lake LIfe Cafe. We were the only ones at the cafe which was nice considering that Covid is still rampant in our county.  And even though the snowfall is light, I shoveled our parking area twice, hoping to keep up.

Woodlawn Road This Morning

Yesterday was another busy day for Evie, less so for me.  We were having our friends, Linda and Ron over for dinner so much of her day was taken up with prepping and putting up with me.  Evie likes to have things done so that little is to be done when our company arrives which means prepping on and off during the day.  I helped of course, especially in the morning till 10:30 when I took off to Mayville to cross country ski the Webbs Trail since the snowmobile trails are closed until Monday because of the need to groom the trails. It was a two-mile jaunt,  a mile out, a mile back, easy-going because of the packed snow and it just felt good to be out in the woods. 

A Nicely Groomed Trail

Turn Around

When I returned home, I had a lunch of leftovers, beans and potato soup, and mac n cheese.  I watched my show, napped, and continued reading my Laidlaw novel.  Evie was able to relax as well because most of the prepping was done by noon.  We both showered and were able to relax with a glass of wine until Linda and Ron arrived at 6;00.  We enjoyed a good brie with blue cheese, crackers and a beer until it was time for me to carve the beef roast. Along with the beef and mushroom gravy, Evie had made twice-baked potatoes, sweet-sour green beans and a salad. We enjoyed a bottle of Malbec compliments of Linda and Ron along with a great dinner.  Everything was eaten up except for the roast beef and enough is left for hot roast beef sandwiches on white bread for tonight's dinner. Yum.

Dinner With Friends

Dessert was special, Evie's idea, Russian Napoleons, and a Black Russian cocktail to complement the Napoleons.  The dessert was sinful, especially the custard-filled Napoleons. They left in rain at 9:45 and we did up most of the dishes before going up to bed, happy with our dinner and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...