Friday, February 18, 2022

Cold And Snowing At 6:30 In The Morning

6:33

6:30

7:33

It's way too early, 6:30,  as we are both up because Evie has a doctor's appointment in Jamestown at 8:15. It's actually spectacular out, with the snow flurries and spotlight on the yard.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, back to the new normal in a way I guess.  I had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00, was home by 9:00, and off to yoga by 9:40.  It was my first time in yoga since late October or early November so it felt good to be back with most of the same gang. Maybe 15 of us were in class with just a few of us still wearing masks.  The class was good and long, close to 80 minutes.  After class, I stopped for coffee at Ryders Cup, again, the first time in months and they were glad to see me back.  The regulars were there so I talked with them for maybe ten minutes before heading to Aldi's to pick up a few things for our dinner. My drive home was in sporadic fog zones before arriving home at my icy, very dangerous parking area.  

It was strange to walk in and see Evie in a robe. In fact, I have never seen her in a robe let alone at noontime.  I think she enjoyed wearing it, not worrying about getting dressed until she felt like it. She made my lunch, a couple of salami, pickle, and tomato sandwiches to go with vegetable soup.  After lunch and another episode of The Sopranos where Tony's mother dies, I returned to my book and napped.  Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon although Evie did shower and get changed.  We relaxed before dinner, warmed up leftover Salisbury steak, mushroom gravy, and mashed potatoes, even better the second night. 

We watched a film on Prime which Evie insists we watched before which I have no recollection of watching but she was probably correct.  It was called MUD starring Matthew McConaughey from the year 2012.  I liked it, again I guess but Evie was not too impressed, probably because she remembered it.   We ended the night with another silly The Good Fight, as the idiot Blum is back, acting like a fool.  I suppose we are to think he's funny but he is not. After that, we were ready for bed and I was happy to get back to my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...