Friday, February 11, 2022

A Changing Morning Sky

8:01

7:36

7:26

7:14

It's 8:20, Evie just got up, and the sun has been in and out twice.  Right now, it's hidden behind clouds, on a 29º lake morning. There's a fairly strong southerly wind, making it unappetizing to ski on the lake. Maybe it will settle down later in the day.

Yesterday was not one of my favorite days as I will explain although who am I to complain, living on a beautiful lake. Anyways, we enjoyed our morning coffee and writing the blog and Evie had a couple of projects in mind but nothing she had to do. I wanted to cross country ski somewhere and had stopped at the entrance to Tom's Point after breakfast and noticed two Amish buggies and their horses parked at the entrance to Tom's Point State Park. 

Parked Amish Buggies


Amish Horses

So I figured that they probably created a nice path out to the point, close to a mile.  So I drove over to Hogans Hut, parked in the parking area, and started skiing, the horses oblivious to me.  I soon realized that there was no path out to the point, that the Amish probably walked to the lake on the road and I was trailblazing through a foot and a half of snow.  After 15 minutes of struggle, I had enough and turned around without getting near the point, disappointed, tired, and sweaty from the exertion. It was frustrating because I would have loved a nicely groomed path to the point.  

Tom's Point Trail

Too Far To Go

I was home by 11:30 and Evie was busy making a mess in the kitchen, so I took out my frustration by doing something, washing up the dishes, clearing most of the mess. She rewarded me for my efforts with ham and swiss cheese sandwiches for lunch.  I had noticed earlier that the tailgate on my Outback would not close properly so I was lucky to make an appointment with my dealer to fix it at 1:30. So after lunch, I drove off to Greenhurst to my Subaru dealer. They were able to fix it in a half-hour, as one of the rods had slipped out of its hole.  So I drove home happy it did not take long and cost me only twenty-five bucks.  When I drove into our parking area, I thought why not make sure it works.  So I pressed the bottom and the rod slipped out again and the tailgate would not close,  I called the dealers, and they said to come back so I drove back, and they fixed it again and he and I opened and closed the tailgate to make sure it worked.  Well, I don't have much confidence in its working and I will probably have to order some new parts the next time it won't close because the fix is probably temporary.

Dusk At 6:10

So it was a frustrating morning and afternoon for me as well as for Evie as she screwed up one of the dishes she was making and will have to make it again this morning.  We both were happy to relax during happy hour and laugh about our day, sharing our worst, not our best moments.  Fortunately, dinner was heating up chili from the freezer, boiling up some linguini, and making a salad.  Dinner was tasty and filling and we watched a new film on HBOMax called Kimi: Don't!  We then watched the same old shows, nothing new, alas.  Evie went to bed early and I stayed up and watched some basketball and the Olympics. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...