Thursday, February 10, 2022

A Dusting Of Snow And Gray Skies


7:17

It's 7:20 as I start this, the sky a dull gray, snow on my car, and a few ice fishermen out on this 32º morning. We may get snow later in the day as the temperatures should drop into the 20s.  It's 9:20 as we finish this, after breakfast in Bemus. 

Skiing Wednesday Morning

Wednesday was a good day as we got some things done but were also able to enjoy it, relaxing and doing nothing when we wanted to. Evie slept in, lucky gal, but I was up early and had the blog written by the time she got up at 9:30. The morning started with gray skies but by the time the blog was done, the sun came out and we had blue skies. The weatherman said it might rain in the afternoon so I decided to cross country ski and headed out around 10:30. 

Blue Skies And Snow Covered Lake

It was decent skiing although the heavy gusts of wind made me turn around and head home before Wells Bay. I was only out for a half-hour but that was good enough to enjoy the sun and blue skies.  I then helped Evie in the kitchen and make up a shopping list before deciding I wanted to get in a yoga class. So I turned on YouTube and spent 35 minutes doing Yoga With Adriene.

Adriene With Benji

For lunch, I heated up the minestsrone soup and leftover cheesy cauliflower and watched The Sopranos. It's interesting how they try to show that despite being mafia, they are a typical family, with kids that rebel, relatives that are a pain, and college dreams for their daughter, Meadow. By the time I finished, Evie was off to Wegmans and Aldis to do the shopping for the week.  I was happy to stay home and watch TV, read my book, and nap.  She was home by 3:00 and backed the car in to make it easier to get out the bags of groceries.  Thoughtful. 

We decided on hot wings for dinner from Steeners Pub and spent a good 15 minutes trying to call but all we got was a busy signal. Finally, I said I would just drive there and order when I arrived,  So I did that, waited 15 minute for the wings and was home by 7:00.  Both the wings and fries were great so it was worth the drive.  We watched our shows, Jeopardy, The Good Fight, and some HGTV, avoiding the repetitiveness of the news unless we watch Fox which is often like comedy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...