Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A Bright Morning Sunrise

7:12

7:19

7:19

7:39

7:39

It's warming up some as we are no longer in single digits because it is a toasty 20º as I begin this at 7:51. A few ice fishermen are out but not as many as I would have expected.  It will get up into the 30s later in the day and we may even get some rain either tonight or tomorrow. I looked out at the lake just after 8:00 and saw a cross country skier, with a backpack, and he looked as if he was going to ski the length of the lake.

Monday was a strange day because we realized that one of the hot water heat zones in our upstairs bedrooms was not getting heat.  So we called our plumber and he came over by 8:30, spent 15 minutes checking things out, and thought a pipe was frozen in our attic.  Why it froze if the pipe supposedly had antifreeze in it and the boiler should be pumping hot water through the pipes as the temperature dropped he could not answer.  Anyways, we put a heater in the attic, pumped up the heat upstairs, kept doors open and by 5:00, when he returned, we had heat upstairs. Go figure out why the pipe froze. 

That problem influenced our morning and we did not get much done as a result, other than the obvious, the blog and breakfast.  It was too cold out to cross country ski in the morning so I did some yoga and Evie kept busy in the kitchen doing some baking. I also finished my Louise Penny and finally, I found out who the killer was. It's amazing how she can hold off telling the reader, explaining why any one of the five or six people could have done it.  

Lunch finally arrived and I had the last of the lentil soup and a cheese sandwich and watched my afternoon matinee, The Sopranos. Afterward, I started a new crime novel, another Laidlaw novel called Tne Dark Remains, written by William Mc Ilvanney and Ian Rankin.  I assume Rankin helped write it or finished it because Mc Ilvanney died.  So far, it does not read like the there previous Laidlaw novels but I will stick with it.  

I napped of course and by 3:00, the sunshine, blue skies, and white lake were beckoning me.  So I strapped on my skies and skied for forty-five minutes, down to Sandy Bottom and back, loving being on the lake for the first time in 2022.  It was easy going most of the way with a few spots where my skis sunk and seemed to hit moisture but they did not freeze up and I was able to move on. It felt good to be out there, the sun bright shadows gradually moving out onto the lake. 

Cross Country Skiing On The Lake

Northern Blue

Beginning Shadows On The Lake

We were able to then enjoy a glass of wine as Evie prepped an easy dinner of leftover chicken curry, along with broccoli and a salad.  The curry was just as good as the first night and we watched a movie on Hulu called Second Best, with William Hurt.  He plays a shy, kind 40-year-old postman who wants to adopt a child.  We would give it a C, worth watching but not great.  We ended the evening with a boring Jeopardy and The Good Fight. 

This morning's Facebook brought back memories from 1975 when my basketball team, Besiktas, won the Turkish Championship for the first time.  Occasionally, fans will post a photo from that time, and below are two from this morning.  Great memories. 

Newspaper With Photo Of Me Being Carried Off The Floor


Champions






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...