Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Windy, Wet, And Chautauqua Gray

7:53

8:33

It's 8:10 and I have been up for over an hour, watching the darkness turn to gray on a windy morning, too windy to kayak. We have had lots of rain over the past couple of days, over three inches.  And it looks like more is on the way over the next week.  Our front yard is covered with leaves so Evie better get mulching later today, 

Tuesday was a typical rainy fall day, good for staying inside and getting things done or just kicking back and relaxing in front of the boob tube or couch.  We did both.  I skipped kayaking because of the weather but was on my way to yoga by 9:00.  We were supposed to get our rug cleaned but Servpro called to cancel because one of their employee's arthritis was acting up. They cancelled last week as well with another excuse.  Yoga was good as usual, the last class for my good friend Julie who is retiring.  After class, I stopped at the bank to get some cash and ran into Wegman's again to pick up a few things.  

Evie had been busy, working on cleaning up from the installation of our new floors. She is getting there although it's amazing how much dust/sawdust has collected on every object in our house. Everything needs to be dusted and then wiped down. While I was gone, Evie made a pot of soup, using the pork broth as the base and adding veggies and noodles.  I also had a goose liver sandwich to go along with the soup and I finished another episode of Foyle's War.  I finished my book The Guide which I really liked by Peter Heller and started Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder's Club, as four retirees in a retirement home solve murders. I fell asleep midway through the second chapter and slept soundly for an hour as I must have really needed sleep, I didn't want to get up. It was still raining out so I settled down on the couch with my book. 

Late Afternoon Purple Haze

At 5:00, Evie had her weekly Zoom call with her sisters and I watched another episode of Foyle's War, tired from reading my book.  We had the leftover pork for dinner.  Evie added barbecue sauce to it, made a bowl of coleslaw and we had great pulled pork sandwiches, so good that I had to have two.  We watched Colbert's interview with Bruce Springsteen which was really interesting, then Jeopardy and another episode of The Morning Show before ending the night with Nate and Jeremiah, an HGTV show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...