Saturday, October 16, 2021

Raindrops Keep Falling

7:14

7:44

It's just after 7:00 and I have been up for an hour.  The rain started around 6:30 and at the moment, I am just starting to be able to see Long Point, a gray mass at the moment in a rainy sky. It's 62º and the rain may continue most of the day, no paddling unless it lets up for a bit.  The sounds of gunfire just filled the air as the duck or geese hunters are out despite the weather.  I was able to see him with my binoculars, as he's down by the Victoria reeds, dressed in camouflage. I did get out for a paddle around 9:20 for a half-hour, in a drizzle, with threatening skies.

Kayak Morning


Fishing In The Rain

Duck Hunters

Friday was an open day, nothing we had to do, nowhere we had to go which was nice.  After a good paddle and the blog, Evie was sick of our house being a mess because of the kitchen floor having been ripped out, so she decided to organize the mess so it was not so much of a mess.  I offered to help but she suggested it would be a good time for me to go on a bike ride.  So I drove off to Mayville, stepped out of my car to get my bike and it started to pour. I then started home but as I was on my way, the rain let up so I said the heck with it, went back to Mayville's park, left my car, and biked off to the end of Sea Lion Drive and beyond, occasionally biking through a drizzle but for the most part, it was fine. I was out the usual hour and felt good that I stayed out, enjoying the recreational trail, even a short section of the Rails to Trails.  

Rails To Trails

I was home by12:30 and Evie had done an amazing job of organizing, cleaning, what was an enormous mess.  I heated up the leftover shrimn pasta for lunch, made some garlic toast and watched the rest of the first episode of Foyle's War.  I was happy to get back to my book and spend the afternoon reading, both inside and on the porch.  Evie, worn our from her morning, started a new book The Guide and watched some TV.  Around 4:00, I got up from my couch and did some yard work, cleaning up so fallen leaves and taken a couple of pails of garden detrius up the hill to the wood pile.  

Earlier, Evie had simmered some chicken thighs and when I was through in the yard, I fired up the barbecue and grilled the thighs, covering them with sauce. We then relaxed on the front porch with a glass of wine until Evie went into the kitchen, cooked noodles in the chicken broth, roasted cauliflower and made a salad and by 6:30, we had dinner. We decided to watch a couple of episodes of Maid, HGTV and Jeopardy, to fill our evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...