Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A Wood Duck Morning

 
Female And Male Wood Ducks

7:37

It's later than usual as I start this, 9:30, with the sun occasionally breaking through the cloud cover. It's a pleasant 64º, just right for an hour of paddling. It was a good morning for birding as I was able to photograph a couple of rafts of wood ducks.  They tend to congregate along the shoreline, hidden by the overhanging tree limbs. If I get too close, they tend to rush back into the woods and hide rather than fly away like mallards.

Kayaking North

Long Point

Southeastern Sky

Wood Ducks

Wood Ducks and Mallards

Tuesday was another day of routine and then breaking routine. It started well with kayaking, blog, then I was off to a yoga class for an hour and felt great afterward.  I came straight home because I was driving into Ohio for another routine test in Ashtabula's Cleveland Clinic, an hour and a half away.  I think I may be changing doctors, finding someone closer.  Anyways, while I was at yoga, Evie had wash day and was doing load after load when I returned home, not her favorite task.  I had lunch at noon, cheese sandwiches and was off to Ohio by 1:00 for my 2:30 appointment which was easy except that they screwed up the test the first time when the hose which carried the dye for the CT SCAN broke and spilled over the floor. I was out, however, by 3:00, stopped at a Dairy Queen to reward myself with a vanilla malt and on the way home, I stopped in North East to pick up a cherry pie, Pot O Gold milk, and chocolate milk for Evie.  

She had a Zoom call at 5:00 with her sister's and I had a good talk with my Grandson, Nick, who lives in KC and is about to start a new job which sounds promising, more interesting than working for a bank. We had the leftover schnitzel for dinner with roasted potatoes, salad, and apple sauce, just like Monday night. We watched Real Time With Bill Maher and Jeopardy before treating ourselves to a slice of cherry pie and mine was alamode.  We ended the night with another Goliath. 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...