Saturday, October 2, 2021

October Arrives

Heron In The Sun's Reflection 

6:58

7:07

7:27

I just returned from a fifty-minute paddle, the sun occasionally breaking through the clouds, lighting up the lake. It's a 46º morning, perfect for kayaking. Evie just got up and it's already 9:00.  We have a busy morning because we are driving to Euclid late morning for a clambake at my sister's home on Lake Erie. 

Kayak Morning

Blue Skies

Sea Gull Dock

A Great Blue

Yesterday was a fun but busy day for both of us, mostly Evie I guess.  After kayaking, the blog, and breakfast, Evie got busy prepping our dinner because we were having friends that we met kayaking over for dinner.  Not only was she putting together a ratatouille, homemade applesauce but making dessert as well as a coffee cake to take to Euclid this morning.  So she was busy on and off and I helped out when I could.  

Barcelona Beach On Lake Erie

Quilliam Road

I had to get a blood test, so I drove to Westfield and fortunately, was the only one at the lab so I was in and out in ten minutes.  I then decided to take a brief walk on the shores of Lake Erie and parked my car at Barcelona Beach which was empty, just me and the blue waters of Lake Erie.


Mom Reading The Vows

When I returned home,  Evie did not have to worry about lunch because we were invited next door for a luncheon to celebrate the wedding of Kathy, our neighbors' daughter to Medio, a college friend.  There were eleven of us sitting on their front porch, enjoying a lunch of wraps, fruit, chips, and wedding cake.  They were married Thursday afternoon at Allegheny College's chapel, where both went to college. 

The Happy Couple

So it was a nice way to have a couple of neighbors help celebrate their special day.  Everyone left around 2:30, after presents, and the couple was heading back to Pittsburgh for a couple of days before returning to the lake to help their parents move into their new home in Sewickley, PA.  

Rockin On The Dock

The afternoon went quickly, with both of us readying the house for company, finishing prepping for dinner.  I did get in a nap and some reading before cleaning the porches, helping clean up the kitchen.  Tina and Jim arrived at 6:00 and we were fortunate it was warm enough to enjoy wine and appetizers, horseradish cheese, crackers, and grapes on the front porch. Around 7:00, I grilled teriyaki pork chops outside just as it was getting dark.  We had them along with a ratatouille, rice, rolls, and a salad, a perfect fall dinner.  We sat around the table having some heated but fun political talk until it was time for Tina's amazing apple pie. It was scrumptious, with a caramel topping and of course, I had mine a la mode. They stayed until after 10:00.  We then did up some of the dishes before going to bed.  It was another good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...