Sunday, October 17, 2021

Turn On The Heat

8:07

9:00

It's 8:40 as I start the blog although I was just outside, hoping to kayak but a light rain sent me back in to wait it out for half-hour to see if the weather gurus are correct. Some blue skies hover over Long Point but here, on Woodlawn, it is overcast and drizzling. I woke at 7:00 to a chilly 48º and we received a couple inches of rain over the past twenty-four hours, with more to come today and tomorrow. 

Yesterday morning greeted us with rain off and on but I was still able to get in a paddle on a windy morning.  It felt strange to have to stay in the house because of the rain and not get outside. We cleaned up the kitchen and gathered the trash and I waited until it stopped raining, about 11:30, to go to the Transfer Station. Mid-morning, while I was reading Evie put together a mushroom barley soup so I could have it for lunch, one of our favorites. So I had it for lunch with the leftover vodka pasta from our dinner on Thursday night.  I finally finished the first episode of Foyle's War and liked it enough to stick with it.

We spent the afternoon waiting for it to clear up, either reading or napping in my case.  Around 4:00, however, it did clear up some although the clouds looked threatening.  We decided to go for a walk along Lakeside Drive in Bemus, our go-to walk for years before we retired here in 2010 and discovered the many trails in the area.  As we got to Bemus, Evie suggested the winds might not be as bad as we walked. Wrong.  They almost knocked us over in some areas and we feared for our lives under a couple of huge trees, as they swayed with the wind.  Still, it was good to be outside and we walked for an hour before stopping in one of the shops in Bemus for the first time this summer.

Western Sky From Lakeside Drive

5:15

We were home in time for our Happy Hour at 6:00.  We enjoyed our manhattans and gorged on appetizers, cheese and crackers, spiced cashews and hummus, and veggies. By the time we were ready for dinner, neither of us had much of an appetite,  We had just enough of Friday night's dinner, barbecued chicken and noodles, to make us happy. We watched another episode of  Maid, then The Great British Baking Show to end the night.  Ir's still drizzling and getting more windy as I finish this at 8:50 so I am doubtful that I will get in a paddle.  According to AccuWeather, the rain will stop in 21 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...