Saturday, October 9, 2021

Saturday Morning Rain

7:19

7:39

8:35

It's 8:40 and it just started to rain and for once the weatherman was correct.  Forty-five minutes ago, he predicted it would rain at 8:40 so I went out for a paddle, thinking I would probably get wet but I was wrong as it did not start to rain until I walked in the house. Hallelujah!

Kayak Morning



Mallards

Heron And Mallards

Kingfisher

Friday was a busy day for Evie, not so much for me. We were having our neighbors, Bill and Joyce and their daughter Beth and husband Mark over for dinner.  We always have them over on their last night at the lake until next Spring. So Evie spent a good part of the day, as usual, prepping dinner, appetizers and dessert.  Fortunately, she was organized, and by 11:00, we decided to go for a walk around the Chautauqua Institution because it was such a beautiful fall day.  I had already gotten in a paddle, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and got a few things done so I was amenable. We were out for forty-five minutes, just enough as it was warmer than we expected, and even worked up a sweat. 

Brick Walk At CI

Path To Thunder Bridge

When we returned home, I had an easy lunch, Evie's veggie soup and hummus with crackers and I watched my show.  Evie was able to get things done for dinner and enjoy some sun time out on the dock. By 5:00, everything was ready and we both showered to perk up some before our neighbors arrived.

One Fine Day

We had wine and appetizers on the porch, enjoyed Ina Garten's recipe for rosemary roasted cashew, compliments of my nephew Pat. Yum. It was a fine night to sit on the porch reminiscing on the past forty years as neighbors and how things have changed or not changed.  Dinner was great, a choice of eggplant or chicken parmesan or both,  salad, and a spaghetti spinach pie.  For dessert, we harkened back to our days in Istanbul when Evie would make gingerbread.  We served it with ice cream and Carmel sauce, a perfect ending to the evening.  Evie then rinsed most of the dishes, put them in the dishwasher, and I put away the leftovers before we watched some Jeopardy, then bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...